Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Bad graphics artifacts

I have just installed FSx for the first time - installed FSx, then SP1 and then SP2. Everything went well and the programme seems to run quite well. My initial flights have been in a bush area with not much around - so I have been able to slowly bump all my sliders up towards MAX and maintain good FPS. BUT - all of a sudden this sort of graphic artifact stated to happen (actually I got this actual screenie off the internet - from the Blog of somebody who was having similar probsMine were even worse than that.Going back to default scenery settings seems to have stopped the problem - so I am thinking that I may have overstretched my old ATI X800 vid card.Any ideas please?ThanksBarryhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186768.jpg

Guest fsxmissionguy

Yep,That's what you did. Back off a bit. If this is your first time with FSX, you will soon discover just how old your computer is.

Guest NoobPilot

Yeah, they've suggested that it be used to test the power of Sun Microsystems' supercomputers at Queens University.

It looks a little bit like what I was getting a few weeks ago, after having installed SP2.Check here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchFrom your screenie it looks like the plane is rendered all wrong but what I was getting was streched out autogen. This also killed my framerate and even CTD'd the sim.I uninstalled SP2 and the problem went away. My 'puter was powerful in 2004 so I just settled with the fact and went back to SP1, being careful with the slider.Cheers/Jonas

Hi JonasSo far, having backed off my scenery settings, the problem has not re-occurred. I don't know why I say this - but I am suspecting the high water settings that I had set up. I thought that I could simply bump up FSx settings until FPS became bad -- but perhaps other things are also affected by setting too high. I don't think it was caused by a heating or power supply problem Anyway, I will continue my flying and see how it goes.Barry