Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoobPilot

Missing very small airports

Guest MikeSS

You mean my computer can't keep up with the GPS? It isn't updating the screen out the window as fast as the screen on the Garmin? Possible. I'm still playing with sliders and other things too . . . learning. My frame rates are in the high teens and up.I see where others have turned Autogen completely off with good results, so I'll play with it. I think I'll order the FS Genesis world terrain too . . . does anyone know if it improves such things as airport beacons? My airport lighting is not all that great, especially tower beacons at night which showed up better in the version of FS I used back in the late 80's as I recall. What add on scenery/software is best for improving airport instrument environments - approach lighting, runway identifyer lighting, etc.?*********Usually when I'm that close to the airport I can see it out the window, unless I've got visibility set to 1/4 mile and it's snowing. I think you're right though. It's probably just over that hill. I'll go see and post back. I've been there before though, so I don't have a lot of hope. When I fly past the airport (per GPS) a few miles and come back on a reciprocal heading, the airport is there. If I circle over it around the valley (very dangerous) looking for it, it stays all trees. It's as if there is a switch to turn the airport on. Flying past the airport and coming back turns it on. Positioning the aircraft there at the beginning of the flight turns it on. Coming in from Abern at 8000 feet apparently doesn't . . . maybe this has something to do with SP2 which I can't install. Also thanks for noting the distance field on the GPS. I hadn't even considered that. I've played with the range buttons with this airport when I first couldn't find it and I still couldn't find it. As I said, the Outside overhead Top Down view will show the airport directly below the plane even though out the window is only trees if I tip the wing straight down and look. Anyone have a suggestion on how to take a better screen shot? Or a photo editor that will allow me to cut the other monitor out of the screenshot? Cropping it with Paint still leaves a big white area on the left, where the monitor image was. Is there a way to take the screenshot without including the other monitor and without reconfiguring XP? Questions, questions. There's so much I have to learn it overwhelms me and I feel like the picture.Thanks for the feedback.Mike

Guest fsxmissionguy

Mike,When taking screenshots, use Alt-Print Screen. This limits the screenshot to only the window with the focus (by that, I mean, the currently selected window instead of your entire desktop.) Also it is a good idea when troubleshooting to use the Shift-Z command, which displays current position, FPS, and other information.I think if you turn your autogen and Scenery Complexity settings down a bit, things will appear more correctly (you can then tweak them back up as you see fit). You haven't noted your computer's specs, but if things are occuring as you describe them (i.e., things appear normal on initial load, but not normal after periods of flight; scenery lagging in drawing; things appearing behind you, but not in front) I'd say that you're overtaxing your computer perhaps.Cheers,