Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Question

Hello everyone, Hope you all are having a great day... So here is my question.In FS9 I was able to adjust my view point and be able to look with my joystick hat switch and see the wings, engines and etc...Now with FSX I'm only able to see the wings if I hit the S key and then A key to view diffrent camera points. Like with the Overland 737NG by far the best wing view and flap representation out there... I would like to fly with the 2d panel and when I look around with the joystick hat switch be able to glance at the wing or if look forward right part of the wing and engine. I'm even willing to pay for that option... Any ideas or solutions? Thanks for the help in advance....WillSystem Specs:Windows Vista 64bit/FSX Windows Vista 32bitEVGA nForce 680i SLIThermaltake Toughpower 850WC2D E68504GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500EVGA 8800GTXBose Companion 5 USB speakers150GB Western Digital "Raptor" Running Vista 64bitSeagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Vista 32bit

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Will, in FS9 what you were seeing were flat, 2d static images. In FSX, those are no longer possible.What you see instead is the virtual cockpit model, which unfortunately Overland doesn't have......hence, you see nothing but air.

Bill, Thanks for the reply... Well is there a way to set the view points of the camera def. to the hat switch? So I can just jump outside and see the wing if I look left, then right back to the 2d panel? Thanks again, what about walk and flow would that work? Hope all is well... shoot I would pay good money for that option I love looking over the wing as I'm turning, droping flaps, and taxing...

Will,Here's what I did to get this view easily:1) Set the "View (next category)" control setting to a button on your joystick (on the Seitek X52, I use button 2, the weapons release button.)This is the same as hitting the Shift-S to change views, but it's much quicker. With 3 clicks of this button, I get this view, which is the one I think you're looking for:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187317.jpgHope that helps. I like watching the flaps drop down on the heavies too!Cheers,