Sign in to follow this  
PLazarus

PIA banned from Europe.

Hi,I found this to be rather interesting.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6418891.stmOnly the new 777's are allowed. I flew PIA a few times into Karachi, but a long time ago.. on 747 200's.It's funny.. i remember a long time ago ( late 1980's ) a cheap way from London to the Sub-Continent was with Ariana Afghan, but they were banned from Eurpean airspace... closest they could get to was Prague - people used to come up to my desk at Heathrow and ask for Ariana.. and I used to tell them that they weren't safe enough to enter western European airspace so they had better go to Prague and ask there!! I was young and reckless then! Anyone ever used the "far queue, sir" trick?I am sure Ariana are fine now.. I see they fly to Frankfurt.Also noted in the article is that Phuket Air and DAS Air Cargo are re-allowed back into Europe.Paul

Hey Adrian,Good find... love that routing....Kabul to Gatwick Airport, London, via Kandahar, Beirut, Istanbul and FrankfurtPaul