Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

Strange problem, had to reformat drive

Guest aspenleaf

I'm running FSX with SP1, on Windows XP Pro (32 bit), on a system with a Q6600, Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4, eVGA 7900GS KO, 2x2GB DDR2-800. I had a strange occurance that I've never seen before and I wonder if anyone else has experienced it and figured out what causes it.Everything has been perfectly fine since I installed, with good, smooth operation. I have my FPS locked at 24, and was achieving that in the areas I fly. All of the sudden, I started getting very low FPS, like 1.6 to 4.5, then it started to alternate between views. The 3D cockpit view had the yoke (I was flying the Beaver) coming down from the ceiling! I tried to go from full screen to windowed view, and it locked up. After about a minute, I reset the computer and when it was booting Windows I got a stop error about hard drive corruption. I ran a DOS hard drive utility that found an error and fixed it, but when I restarted, I still got the stop error. I restored my boot partition using Acronis and it seems fine now, but I'm wondering what caused it and if it will happen again.Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'd suggest you backup everything you can to CD, DVD or another hard drive. This sounds like a disk getting ready to crash (worse case). On the bright side, could have been a power surge of something similar.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

i too was getting strange things happening to my computer, so i recently formated as well, too much junk on m HDD and probable virus, now i have minimum stuff installed and my computer is super fast again.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram