Sign in to follow this  
deetee

Track IR with Track Clip Pro FSX problems

Guest X15

hi guys, doesn't seem to be an unofficial support forum for Track IR so I thought this might be the appropriate place.Couple of problems,keep getting the following error:AppName:trackir.exe AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName:cameradll.dllModVer: 3.2.30.0 Offset: 000033e7 which I've posted over on the NaturalPoint forums, not heard anything yet.Also, the movement in the virtual cockpit in FSX is not very smooth. Any ideas on either issue? Just got the TrackIR 4, it seems so cool but these problems are driving me nuts!Basic system is:XP Pro SP2FSX SP1Board is P5N32-E SLII beleive I'm using the latest drivers from Natural Point, but don't really know enough to tackle the error problem :0(

Guest S1mPilot

You could try adjusting tir's light filtering.View/tracking/settings/light filteringMine was set too high, so I just disabled it altogether. It was causing erratic movement so you might want to try it. Not sure about your error message. The latest tir drivers are version http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/Tra...034.beta.02.exe4.1.034 beta 2(Posted March 6, 2008)Changes Added missing 64 bit USB driversGood luck.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Remove the TrackIR software by doing the following: a. Click "Start" b. Click on the "Control Panel" c. Click "Add/Remove Programs" d. Find "TrackIR" and click "Change/Remove" e. Once launched it will give the option to completely remove it. f. Delete the NaturalPoint folder at the following location, C:Program FilesNaturalPoint g. Download and reinstall the software from the following location, http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-sup...nd-manuals.htmlAlso reason for not updating to SP2 for FSX?

Guest X15

Thanks Vince, must have got in a muddle, did the usual of installing the included software before reading anything. I then thought I had managed to remove it and updated the software to the most recent version but following your steps above and reinstalling the latest software once again seems to have done the trick.I don't have SP2 as I haven't yet really looked into it, it was only recently that I installed SP1. Are there advantages of installing SP2 for Track IR?

Guest X15

PS S1mPilot thanks for the tip, I was so pre-occupied with getting that error sorted I forget to say thanks! I've found if I change the settings to linear it gives a good effect for me, nice crisp transition in the view. I will play about some more. What a cool thing Track IR is though, one of those things I had heard so much about and wondered if it was really as good as people say it is. I'm not dissapointed!

Guest Jim Knows

I was having the same problem with the smoothness part of it. All fixed now. Very pleased. So, thanks for that.Jim Knows

Guest S1mPilot

It really makes a vc come alive.

It's worth playing around with the "Smoothing" slider - this can reduce the little stutters that can sometimes happen.Another tip - I assign the TIR pause function to the mouse wheel button instead of F9. This means you can momentarily pause the TIR to adjust autopilot, barometer etc without having to hold your head still, all using the mouse! :)