Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest BOPrey

AlphaSim Long EZ

Hi all,I have not visited here for a long while, and too busy with real flying. I recently checked out AlphaSim's Long EZ, and would like to know other's (hopefully someone who had flown a Long EZ in RL) take on it in terms of the flight model. I have not flown a Long EZ in rl. However, I do have about half an hour stick time on the Velocity. Since they both have canard configuration, I was expecting the handling to be about the same. To my surprise, it seems the Velocity (real or the in sim) has more responsible controls than Long EZ (FSX version only). Comments are much appreciated. Thnx.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The two Long-EZ pilots that helped with the development of it approved of the flight model. If the real pilots like it, I'm sure it is very close if not spot on with real-world performance.

Cool. I feel the stall characteristic is very typical of Ruton's canard design. With these aircraft, sometime you will forget that you are in a 'stall' because it does not 'stall' like a conventional airplane. You still have your wings leveled and pitch up a bit, but with a high sink rate, and that how accidents happen.