Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

Nick's FS2004 Add-Ons in FSX

I'm starting to miss the great crash add-on by Nick N. My FS2004 is screwed up--keeps saying I don't have enough memory--will Massive Crash v3 Final work in FSX?Will Nick's Touchdown Effects also work in it?Thanks.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest Nick_N

No, do not use the crash, dust, exhaust or light fix add-ons with FSXFSX removed the type of crash detection FS9 had.. the crash FX are really useless.The touchdown FX -will work- but you must ----not install--- the files FX_1.bmp and FX_5.bmp from the package... but DO install rain.bmp and the FX files, then follow the directions to use.rain.bmp goes in Effectstexture and the FX files go in the Effects folder.it works fine in FSX but it is a bit 'loud' compared to FS9.I have not had time to revamp the products for FSX use and the crash FX are dead for FSX no matter what.

Is this crash fx for hitting the ground or can you now get rid of the annoying "aircraft overstressed aircraft freezed in air" message :)

Thanks for the reply Nick, I'll give it a go.These crash FX add more effects to FS2004 crash effects like wings breaking off and stuff. They were pretty cool!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest PilotBonanza

I've heard it is hard to insert this into FSX can you tell me how to do it? :(