Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest RichUK

Sound

Hi all,After a break from FS for about a year I thought I'd start again with FSX. I'm really happy with it, but I can't help think that the ambiance of the sim could be improved by adding a few more sounds outside of the flight deck. I don't hear the sound of waves lapping against the shoreline like I'm sure I did in FS9. I don't hear much except the sound of AI aircraft and my own aircraft. I used to use FS Enhancer in FS9 and I was able to add all sorts of sounds, like birds, chainsaws and general traffic sounds etc. I have purchased Instant Scenery, but unfortunately that can't add sounds. Does anyone know of any plans to add sounds to FSX, some third party software perhaps? I miss turning the engine(s) off and hearing bird sounds or the sound of waves lapping the shoreline, or some other kind of sound. It gives the sim much more ambiance..makes it a little more immersive so to speak.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can do it as an effect. look in the SDK under effects.basicly .. what you need is a fx file for each sound. as thus:[Library Effect]Lifetime=5Version=2.00Radius=20Priority=1[sound]FileName=airwrench2.wavMinAttenuationDistance=15Looping=TRUE[Properties]Cockpit=1VirtualCockpit=1Spot=1Tower=1Map=1[Emitter.0]Lifetime=0.00, 0.00Delay=0.50, 0.50Bounce=0.00Rate=5.00, 10.00X Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00Y Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00Z Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00Drag=0.00, 0.00X Particle Velocity=-0.20, 0.20Y Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00Z Particle Velocity=1.00, 2.00X Rotation=0.00, 0.00Y Rotation=0.00, 0.00Z Rotation=0.00, 0.00X Offset=0.00, 0.00Y Offset=0.00, 0.00Z Offset=0.00, 0.00Pitch=0.00, 0.00Bank=0.00, 0.00Heading=0.00, 0.00This file goes in the effects. The sound file should go in the sound folder.Next you need to place it and an object or effect with an xml file then convert it to a bgl. the xml will look similar to this.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>You can stack stack more than one object in the xml but you need to make a fx file for each sound.the bgl compiled with the xml can go in the scenery folderJoe W.

Joe,Thanks so much for your explanation! I really appreciate it!