Sign in to follow this  
fbass

Converting Traffic Files

Guest Treetopflyer

I have Vista Ultimate (64 bit)and having a nightmare of a timeconverting FS9 files to FSX. I have downloaded a number of theconvert utilities, decompile, recompile and end up with a corrupt bgl. Additionally, If I click on the Traffic Utility (Can't recall it's name) in the traffic toolbox of the SDK, itflashes on my screen for a micro-second and goes away...I read something in the fourms about needing to add the country name. Where does one do that. Is anyone else using a 64bit OS having problems converting traffic files and using the traffic database utility. If not what am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance for your help...P.S. Is there anything specific i need to add in a FS9 AI aircraft cfg. to use it in FSXRobert L.

Robert,There are quite a number of postings in this FSX forum about converting FS9 traffic files to FSX. I suggest you execute a search to view those posts.As for a conversion utility - the one I use is AIFPC by Peter van der Veen. This utility will modify your flight plans for the new airports and it will correct the day-of-the-week issue that exists between FS9 and FSX FPs. Other than that, you can use FS9 traffic files in FSX - with one caveat. You cannot use the default FSX traffic file with FS9 FPs.fb