Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

Doors To Manual

Guest airbus2

Hey all, just a quick question.On flights i hear the captain saying "Doors to manual", What does this mean?Dave

Guest CRJ700FO

>Hey all, just a quick question.>>On flights i hear the captain saying "Doors to manual", What>does this mean?>>DaveI've never heard that, i've heard "crosscheck" used with the doors before.is it just prior to push, or right at arriving at the gate? i'm assuming this is then referencing whether to arm the slides on the doors (pushback) or not (arriving).

Guest airbus2

I cant remember when the pilot says this, it is either before pushback or arrival at the gate (or both!) Its always a moment i remember in the flight, the cheery captain coming on "Cabin crew, Doors to manual". Just cant remember when :-hmmm Dave***EDIT*** I done some more research (should have done this before posting!) It appears that the emergancy slide is armed (set to auto mode)when the aircraft leaves the gate. This would mean that whenever the doors were opened the slide would inflate. So during taxi to the gate the captain calls "doors to manual" to tell the cabin crew to turn of auto mode and set the slides to manual so that it is safe to open the doors.Thats the long and the short of what i found. Different airlines have different procedures so not all will say doors to manual i guess.

It also depends on the aircraft on how the slides inflate.