Sign in to follow this  
N4865G

View categories

Is there a way to remove some of the view categories one moves accross pressing the 'A' button (view withing the category that is)?I would be willing to leave just the two of them and skip the rest.Now I need to press the 'A' button several times to get to the view I want to see.Having it limited to just the two I could assign the button on my CH yoke to that particular view. Or perhaps alternative approach by assigning a button to particular view category via FS menu or FSUIPC?Thanks for your help,Dom

Hi Dom,Yes, you can edit the cameras.cfg file (located at c:usersYourAliasAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFS11 under Vista) and change/add the CycleHidden value to Yes (CycleHidden=Yes) for those cameras you want to remove from the keyboard cycle sequence. This will handle the globally defined cameras, you might also need to edit some of your aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg files to remove any aircraft defined cameras from the cycle.You can also use the HotKeySelect=n (where n can be 1 to 10) option in a camera def to assign it to one of the 10 predefined camera key events (but off the top of my head I can't remember what keyboard keys those are mapped to) - this would allow you to define your Yoke buttons to trigger these pre-defined camera selection keys and then use the setting the cameras.cfg file to determine which cameras those are.Here's a link to the new MSDN on-line version of the SDK documentation for the camera system that explains the various options available in the cameras.cfg file (and associated entries in aircraft.cfg/sim.cfg files):http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526984.aspxTim

Thank you Tim!Exactly what I needed,CheersDom