Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

FSX Control Assignments

Hi Folks:Three quick questions:Why does FSX show 2 pushback events in control assignments? I only need one, thank you.How can I get my CH yoke gear up/down switch to work like FS9? When i flip the switch up in FSX my gear goes up; when I flip it up again my gear comes down! I have button 1 on my yoke assigned to brakes, but it doesn't work. Anyway to fix that?Thanks for any help!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

AirbusWhere does FSX show two pushback events?FYI - in general all axes, buttons and keys should have only one entry in FSX assignments.Landing gear - in FSX there is no landing gear UP and landing gear DOWN - just Landing Gear (extend/retract ie UP/Down) on a single keystroke. There is a program called FSUIPC4 where you can set GEAR UP and GEAR DOWN on separate switches/buttons, etc.To get the button on the yoke to work you have to go into FSX assignments, choose your controller; scroll down to brakes and then follow the instructions and set the button to operate the brakes. Make sure there are NO duplicate entries for the brakes sometimes if the keyboard "period key" is assigned to brakes it may not also work on your joystick/controller - try it and see.RegardsPeter Hayes

Guest RonB49

Hi Airbus,Yes I've noticed two different keys for the same event also. Not only PB but the ATC window can be opened with the ~ (tilde) key or the Scroll Lock key. I don't know why.As far as Gear Up/Gear Down, you can add those commands in the Standard.xml file. Open Standard.xml with Notepad and find the section or sections that begin like this:- CH Flight Sim Yoke USB{15C5FDC0-A9DB-11DA-8003-444553540000} - XAxis0AXIS_AILERONS_SET12736- YAxis1AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET12751- ZAxis2AXIS_THROTTLE_SET1271. . .Scroll down until you find the settings for the gear and flaps. The Gear up/down toggle will be assigned to either switch 4 or 5; I don't remember which and I don't remember what is a ssigned to the other one but switches 6 and 7 are Flaps down and Flaps up. Use Notepad to make your switch 4 and 5 entries look like this.- 4GEAR_UP- 5GEAR_DOWN- 6FLAPS_DECR- 7FLAPS_INCRI show you the flaps entries just as reference. As far as the brakes are concerned I also have noticed the problem but found no solution other than what Peter suggests.R-

Hi Ron:Here is the section of standard.xml for my CH yoke. I am not sure what to change based on what you indicated. Would you please clarify?According to my control assignments, gear is button 05.CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USBXAxis0AXIS_AILERONS_SET6436YAxis1AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET6436ZAxis2AXIS_THROTTLE_SET1271RxAxis3AXIS_MIXTURE_SETRyAxis4AXIS_PROPELLER_SET0BRAKES11KNEEBOARD_VIEW2RUDDER_TRIM_LEFT23RUDDER_TRIM_RIGHT24FLAPS_DECR5FLAPS_INCR6RELEASE_DROPPABLE_OBJECTS7GEAR_TOGGLE8VIEW_MODE_REV9VIEW_MODE0PAN_VIEW1Thanks for your help!Aibus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest RonB49

Here you go Abus. You'll want to replace these lines: 6RELEASE_DROPPABLE_OBJECTS7GEAR_TOGGLEWith these lines. - 6GEAR_UP - 7GEAR_DOWNThat will give you one button to raise the gear (6) and another to lower the gear (7). If you us "droppable objects," then you'll need to assign that event to another button.R-