Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n4gix

i am having a randum system lockup during play with fsx

I picked up FSX then installed the flight simulator. I am having randum system lockups when I run FSX. When the sys locks up I have to do a cold restart. This is the only program that is giving me a problem. OS is XP PRO, cpu is a 1.5 gig, memory 512 megs, c hdd is a 150 gig with about 3 gig available (after FSX install), d hdd is a 85 gig with about 1 gig available, video card is a Nvidia geforce 7600 gs.Why is the prog hanging up? As far as I know I have enuff resources available to run FSX. FS2004 runs fine on this system.Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hate to tell you this but it could be one of a hundred things.Alot of us have high end rigs with alot of experince,have crashes,lock ups and nobody can explain why.Best advice I can give is to copy fsx.cfg if you want,delete the original fsx.cfg file and FSX will rebuild it.This will usually solve any problem created by something added to or change to FSX.You will need to reset all your settings and it can effect some addons.This is usually one of your first steps.More difficult is to isolate what is causing it.Can be something like a bios setting FSX doesnt like, a addon, sound driver,background program,ect ect.512 does not cut it and your card is outdated.Most of us are running 2 gigs minimum ram ,512 meg cards with dual and quad core cpus.Even so, Fsx can choke simply by moving some sliders or changing cards settings. Alot of us with Nvidia cards have menu and other msc crashes and both MS and Nvidia are pointing the finger at each other.Good Luck.

With only 512MB of RAM, you aren't going to be able to run FSX... Sorry!