Sign in to follow this  
Guest ftrusky

Why oh why??

Yes, there is a strong market for FSX addons, but from what I understand, this plane was being developed before FSX was released, and due to circumstances beyound the developers control, this project was delayed. So instead of starting over with a FSX product, they decided to continue and finish this plane for FS9, and to get it now. Otherwise this plane wouldn't even be out at all- fs9 or fsx. Hopefully, they will be able to get this plane out into FSX in the not too distant future.My understanding is that these people are volunteers and they are not composed of other payware developers (although, maybe they get assistance?). My guess is it takes quite a bit more time than a few hours or weeks, to delevelop a high quality product. Otherwise, my favorite plane (aeroworx b200) would have surely been in FSX by now :-)All this is my understanding regarding this plane.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

>Yes, there is a strong market for FSX addons, but from what I>understand, this plane was being developed before FSX was>released, and due to circumstances beyound the developers>control, this project was delayed. So instead of starting over>with a FSX product, they decided to continue and finish this>plane for FS9, and to get it now. Otherwise this plane>wouldn't even be out at all- fs9 or fsx. >>Hopefully, they will be able to get this plane out into FSX in>the not too distant future.>>My understanding is that these people are volunteers and they>are not composed of other payware developers (although, maybe>they get assistance?). >>My guess is it takes quite a bit more time than a few hours or>weeks, to delevelop a high quality product. Otherwise, my>favorite plane (aeroworx b200) would have surely been in FSX>by now :-)>>All this is my understanding regarding this plane. Very well said! The maam-team does have some members of various payware companies on it. That doesn't mean they aren't volunteering their time.I'm also waiting for the new Aeroworx B200... I hope it hasn't turned into vaporware like their texan and baron...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest ftrusky

I was out to MAAM SIMS home in Reading last summer for the WWII weekend and what a great time it was. I saw the TBM on display and just drooled. I hope for the FSX version also.While I was there I got to take a flight in a T-6, the best ride of my life and I'll do it again. Shortly thereafter I purchased the IRIS T-6 and I've been very pleased with it. Puts a grin on my chin every time I load'er up.