Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

D3D9.DLL error after FEX/SHD update

Guest SuperFortress

I've noticed that FSX has started crashing quite frequently ever since I installed the SHD update for FEX. It crashes with a D3D9.DLL error only when I am trying to start a flight and then asks me if I wish to restart FSX. It never happens during a flight though. It seems completely random but I'm quite positive that it started right after the SHD update. Any else experiencing the same issue? Thank you.

Guest SuperFortress

I guess nobody has any suggestions:( I've already tried uninstalling FEX. Uinstalled and re-installed the latest Nvidia drivers. Installed the latest DirectX again. Rebuilt the FSX.CFG file. Nothing seems to help and now it's just extremely annoying because almost every flight will fail to start and crash with this stupid error. The only way it will somehow barely work (at least for a couple of flights) is if I make some changes from the free flight menu , like different plane, time of day, airport, etc but eventually it still leads to that annoying crash. I know I did not have this problem before the SHD update cause I've been running FSX with Accleration and tons of other add-ons for months without any problems. I guess if nobody can offer any suggestion I'm gonna have to suck it up and do a complete reinstallation of FSX. Just annoying and very time consuming:(Thanks guys.

I have had no issues what so ever with FSX after installation the FEX SHD update. I know it's probably not what you want to hear. However, it would appear that your problem lies eleswhere.

Guest SuperFortress

>I have had no issues what so ever with FSX after installation>the FEX SHD update. I know it's probably not what you want to>hear. However, it would appear that your problem lies>eleswhere.I hear you but it's the only thing I've changed since this error came about. One thing I am curious about though. Can you or anyone else please provide me me with your date and version of the D3D9.DLL file just so that I can compare it with mine. Thank you.

Guest fsxmissionguy

08/04/2004 7:00 AM1,650 KBThis is without FEX installed (I have no idea if FEX overwrites this file, but it probably does not.)Also, Superfortress ... may I suggest that the next time something like this happens that instead of reinstalling everything the way that you did, the approach you may want to take is to revert to a Restore Point prior to the last install that you think caused the problem.My approach to troubleshooting this if I suspected FEX would probably have been:1) Uninstall FEX2) Test2) Revert to the restore point right before the FEX install.3) Test4) Rinse, lather, repeat.I'm not saying this approach would have worked, or that it is the absolute best approach, just offering it as the approach I would have taken.