Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sjaakwen

Flight Videos failed to load

Hi,When I load a Flight Video from some one else, for example thedownloads supplement to "Microsoft flight simulator x for pilots -real world training", I get the message "Failed to read from File".When I load a Flight Video I saved, no problem.Any suggestion to solve this problem?Greetings,SjaakMy specs:Intel Q6600 QuadASUS Maximus FormulaASUS EN8800GTS 512 MBRAM DDR2 8192 MB PC800 GeilSaitek Yoke Pedals ThrottleTrackIR 4 + Track Clip ProButtkickerAudioFX Force Feedback Gaming HeadsetVISTA Ultimate 64 bit SP 1FSX SP 1+2Flightsim experience: Beginner (:-D)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It could be that the file is corrupt. Where did you download this file?Are you sure the file was created using the exact same version of FSX that you are using (down to the service pack, even?) That book's been around a while.Just a few ideas for consideration.

>It could be that the file is corrupt. Where did you download>this file?>>Are you sure the file was created using the exact same version>of FSX that you are using (down to the service pack, even?)>That book's been around a while.>>Just a few ideas for consideration.Hi,Thanks for the reply!One of the videos was from the downloads for "Microsoft flight simulator x for pilots - real world training".See the attached file.Greetings,Sjaak

First of all, understand that an "FSR" file is not a video at all. It is a sequential text file that "records" a set of data points on a frame-by-frame basis, so that the sim can "recreate the flight."Having opened the .fsr file in Wordpad, it does appear that this specific .fsr file is corrupted, since there's a lot of garbage characters where organized data is supposed to be... *:-*

>First of all, understand that an "FSR" file is not a video at>all. It is a sequential text file that "records" a set of data>points on a frame-by-frame basis, so that the sim can>"recreate the flight.">>Having opened the .fsr file in Wordpad, it does appear that>this specific .fsr file is corrupted, since there's a>lot of garbage characters where organized data is supposed to>be... *:-* Please do a look at http://media.wiley.com/product_ancillary/2...FSX%20Files.zipGreetings, Sjaak