Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

btacon

The time has come...

Looking at the multiple threads discussing "this and that" vis a' vis FS-XX and real world simulation v. gaming, I premise the following.With the new model, wherein a core version (sorry, I don't remember the core's name) will drive all MS simulations including FS-XX, Trainsim-XX, et all it seems to me MS could now consider a "Pro" version AND a "Consumer" version.The Pro version could be relatively costly ($500.00 or less) but encompass the best that the FS franchise has to offer PLUS the best that Aces has to give, built upon the hard-core feedback.The Consumer version would be the natural evolution of FSX.Seems to me that MS could position itself as the next logical step in the world of RW flying/pilots while at the same time fund the development of the core engine with consumer level software.Look at Adobe...they do it just this way, with consumer level (i.e. $99.00 Photoshop) funding for the professional versions that cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.My 2 Cent contribution to this ongoing topic.bt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!