Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Anyone have a Sonic Boom mod for FSX ???

Guest n9nu-1

I have used the sonic boom effect with FS9 and cannot seem to find a file that would enable it to work in FSX. The old one for FS9 will not work...something about the xml gauges. It used to be just a simple aircraft.cfg mod and effects folder file to add Tim

Tim,Sonic Boom has always, so far as I know, been a function of a gauge. I went back and checked the Topgun F-14 Tomcat from FS9 and it does NOT work in FSX. The modified F-14D package by Steve Hinson does. What the difference is, I don't know but the effect is still possible, obviously. Rob Barendregt's sonic boom control that works was written in Nov 2006. There must have been some reason why it needed to be modified for FSX.Loyd

Guest Nils79

Hi,have you already tried "rcbco-30.zip" (Avsim library)?

The SB effect in my rcbco-30.zip package works fine in FSX.IF you want it simple, just add the effect to a lightswitch in the aircraft.cfg, so you can operate it manually.If you want it automatic (and have the sound) you must include the xml control gauge and the sound gauge in your aircraft panel.The simplest way to do that:- Just install the rcbco-30.zip package as instructed.(it's a small package, and it won't mess up your gauge/sound folder since the files are in a seperate folder).- In the VC section of the panel, add:gauge**=COP3/Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./gauges/COP3/Sound.inigauge**=COP3!SonicBoomControl, 0,0with ** being unique numbers.- And of course, add the effect in the aircraft.cfg, as instructed in the README.Cheers, Rob