Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geedub

Any suggestions to fix this LAX area scenery corruption?

Hi all,I hope someone who is scenery and texture savvy can help me solve this unusual problem! On returning to USA skies for some PMDG flights I was surprised to see not ocean, but mountains off the coast of Los Angeles! Only area affected as far as I can see. I have no idea how this happened!Any suggestions short of re-installing my whole FSX installation would be welcome. Happy to try anything, almost. If I knew which scenery files were involved I considered doing a dummy install of FSX to another drive and copying over the relevant files/folders. I use UTerrain, GEX Enhanced, FTX, XGraphics and FSGenesis mesh. A reinstall of GEX made no difference BTW. Any idea guys? Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It appears something has happen to the UTX entries in the Terrain.cfg file for FSX. This should be fixed by starting the UTX Setup Tool and letting it go through it's verification process.If this doesn't fix it there are other things to look at.

Thanks for the FastLaxFix Meshman, you're a star. :-beerchugPS I would have tried that myself eventually. Honest.