Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Nils79

Starting FSX In Administrator Mode

Hi all, for some reason,FSX will not start normally,It just locks up my newly reformatted computer.For now,I can right click the FSX icon,and run it as administrator. My problem is,That I now do not have FSUIPC or My precision flight controls under the menu as addons. Where did they go? Also I had to re enter all my menu commands,(I found the alternate FSX Cfg),in the admin folder,but am stumped by this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jim I guess we need some more info on your reformat. Is this Vista? Did you reinstall everything in the correct order( SPs SDKs...?) It is easy to forget things about your OS if you haven't had to mess with it for a long time.Bob

Hi Bob ,Sorry it's Win-Xp,and I installed Mobo drivers,then win-xp updates,starting with critical on down in that order,per Black Viper

Your normal user account has no admin privileges and you start FSX with a admin userprofil? If your FSX wont work under your user profil but works with a different user profil then i would search the fault in the user specific files (%appdata%MicrosoftFSX -> dll.xml/exe.xml) or maybe your user account needs admin privileges.