Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjack

Easiest way to replace high-poly AI models?

Thanks Luis. I feel stupid, lol. When I started typing the last post asking questions, your other post wasn't there. Had I seen it I wouldn't have bothered asking the same questions. I think I had started typing my post then walked away to do something, then returned a while later and finished typing. By then you had already posted the info. Sorry about that :-), but thanks for replying anyway.I will read the other post you had for Bob and try out your suggestions. BTW, the way I saw the texture sizes was just by hovering the pointer over the file name and it would say the dimensions like 512 X 512 or 1024 X 1024.I think what I will do is take out all my traffic bgls, except for American. Backup the 5 or 6 models and textures that AA uses, try a conversion process on them. Test it at DFW and see how it goes. If I can do it correctly and see a noticable difference then I will get to work on the larger packages I have.So far I am one of the lucky ones that can run FSX pretty much full out and have no blurries or other probelms of that sort, however I think if I can optimize the AI a little more I can get even better performance. Thanks again for the helpRegards,Sean CampbellBTW, I like the little guy you have at the bottom of your sig. Are you from Puerto Rico?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

LuisMany thanks. You are my hero.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.