Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geofa

Dumb Question

I have a really dump question as I'm new to fsx. when I move the yoke or keyboard, it take a while (few seconds, I mean it's not as fast as when you move the wheel in a car) before the aircraft move, is this behaviour normal?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It depends on the aircraft. A 747 probably will not respond as quickly as a fighter jet. Then too, most aircraft require that you use small, gradual movements on the controls, and usually, you don't use big movements. Lastly, there's the case of the fly-by-wire aircraft like the Airbus that use computers to translate the control motions into flight behaviours. All of those things can affect your performance.Then there's your frame rate. If that's less than 15 frames per second, you will notice some lag.Here's something to try:Find Patty Wagstaff's Extra (the stunt plane) in your default aircraft menu, and choose it. Pick an airport like Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada, where it's really flat. Then go fly. Maybe make sure that you turn off collisions and damage in the Realism menu, as the Extra is a lot of aircraft to handle. Since it is a stunt plane, it turns very tightly. See if that makes a difference!Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

I don't think it is normal for any ac to have a delayed reaction but I haven't flown every one so I can't be sure. I do know that I've had occasions in the past when the AC would not respond to control inputs for few moments or even longer. I found a recommendation to add an entry to the CONTROLS section of the FSX.cfg file that absolutely put a stop to it and it has not occured since. I think what it does is give a priority to control inputs; at least that's the effect it had for me.Try addingstick_sensitivity_mode=0to the end of your CONTROLS section.I hope this helps.Loyd

I found out with the flight simulator, you have to be real smooth, if I was too agressive, then I always found myself over-correcting most of the time, especially on landing, the wing just move left and right all the time. I guess you have to give it time for the plane to settle.but with the stick_sensitivity_mode parameter, I can find a setting up to my taste, with sensibility in the middle and almost no null zone.thx for the help

Depends on the aircraft. I flew a Columbia 400 last week with the sidestick control-the slightest motion would cause a quick reaction.A Baron has heavier more delayed response in compare.The heavier slower response makes a better ifr platform, at least for hand flying.I would think the "slower response" you address is more what we call stability -e.g. the airplane is intially "reluctant" to move from its trimmed position. Usually stability is desired.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/