Sign in to follow this  
kevinc5

Video Gremlin

I have a C2D at 2.66MHZ, 4GB RAM and an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512 with the 175.19 drivers. All has been running smothly with the exception of a stop error every few weeks I haven't been able to sort out. Now my FSX w/Acceleration has been having problems. I'm getting occasional complete white outs of my video while running FSX. Screen goes bright white, though the menu bar remains visible and the frame rate display continues to function. Mouse is frozen. It happens with default or third party AC. I've also had it occur it in the AC selection screen. I need to soft boot to get out of the lockup. It happens in full screen mode or windowed. If windowed, I get a white out in the FSX window but other open apps are not affected. I haven't seen anyone describe this condition...is anyone familiar with it? Hardware or software issue? Any suggestions?Thanks

This is usually caused by having Light Bloom enabled, when certain other AA/AF settings are at certain values. IF you have light bloom enabled, disable it.

Guest JIMJAM

Sound like another FSX "thats just how it is" to me.I had simular problems but no lock ups with fsp ports with my Nvidia 8800gt.Certain planes when I clicked or tried to open a 2d panel, the screen goes white, ..pause... then screen loads.I have since removed Accel and did a total reinstall to sp2.Had the same problems.So Accel was not it at least on mine.Blame it on Nvidia's crappy drivers........So now I have a Ati 4870.Guess what? Now its still happens on occassion and now even with the default planes!So its not Nvidia, not ATI.Hmmmmmmm .At least in my case I do not get locked up.Now if I minumise FSX and open ANYTHING on the desktop, I get the black screen o death and need to cnt alt del and quit FSX.Suggestions-If it just started, try to remember what you have changed.Is it one specific plane,scenery,new drivers ect.Are you overclocking?If you are running alot of payware sceneries,GEX,FEX ect, try turning down the settings to take some load off the machine and FSX.Good luck as I have yet to solve my issues.BTW-No light bloom here. DX9,XP sp2