Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconAF

Scenery Library Order

When loading a couple of sceneries, the instructions say to load BELOW Add-On Scenery in Library. Can/must the Add-On Scenery library item be the first (lowest #) entry in the Library?Dave Hinson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Addon Scenery folder should be viewed as just another active scenery folder. I'm of the opinion that there is nothing that should be placed here, that any addon can be set up in another folder and if need be, that new folder activated in the scenery library.Different developers have thier own take on scenery prioity, but if you understand what the addon does and if the developer let's you know what all it does, then layering in the scenery library becomes easier.So without any specifics, if Addon Scenery is empty, there's no real reason to place new folders below it.

You can read this tutorial I wrote in answer to some other people's questions about Scenery Library layering. Phil Taylor linked it to his blog. You can expand the thread to see other info I posted also.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=453571&pageAnd I agree with Meshman...NEVER add anything to the default Addon SceneryScenery and Texture folders unless you want heartache eventually. Leave it empty, and leave it right above the "Propeller Objects" entry in the Scenery Library. See the post for the reasons why. If an addon developer tells you to place their addon BELOW the Addon Scenery entry, it is because they are assuming you already have stuff in that folder. FalconAF