Sign in to follow this  
pipersam

navdata to update SID and STARS

can anyone please help im new to flight sim but not flying and need to update my FMC database. Can anyone take me through step by step what icons to click on etc to complete the update ie I want the SID and STARS for LOWI how do I do that. I fly the PMDG 747-400. Happy ILS's

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Theres two updates you need to install for the PMDG series. Unfortunately the AIRAC update (airways etc - not SIDS/STARS) you will have to pay for. These can be purchased from www.navigraph.com and these come withing an EXE file and you won't have to manually install them.The second set is the SID/STAR database which you can download from www.navdata.at - Click on "SID/STAR" from the menu along the top of the website, then click "All in one" from the menu now at you left. Select "PMDG all products" from the drop down menu, and follow the download link. After you have downloaded, you will need to unzip the file and copy the entire contents to this folder:"C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS"Obviously if you have FS9 installed in a different directory, you will have to change the above address. Thats all you need to do! Your FMC will now have all the latest SID/STARS available. Sometimes you will find that these files aren't 100% accuracte, and people do upload their own to avsim library. Hope this helps!Sam.