Sign in to follow this  
FalconAF

Request : Dakota Smith, Jim Cook, Ray Smith

Hey guys. You all do wonderful work and I have download a numerous amount of AFCAD/Scenery from all of you within the last few months.The question and request is:Do any of you plan on doing a nice scenery/AFCAD update to KFLL -Ft. Lauderdale, FL? Something to the effect of what Ray Smith did for KTUS.Something to spice it up a little bit(Parking garage, parking lots, etc.). Perhaps even a photo underlay of the airport defined by the surrounding freeways. I am surprised that this airport seems to get little attention by the payware guys and so far for FSX the freeware guys. Someone did a nice little upgrade for FS9 that looked good but was an FPS killer.Thanks for all the stuff you guys have done so far.Regards,Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JimC1702

The silence is deafening. :)Generally, I stick to smaller regional and GA airports, since I only use stock library objects to create a reasonable resemblance of the actual airport. If Ray wants to tackle it, I would defer to him, but if not, I'll give it a look and see if I can do anything with it. JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Guest lbdobson

yes guys great job!! Thanks for all your work!!Brian

>The silence is deafening. :)>>Generally, I stick to smaller regional and GA airports, since>I only use stock library objects to create a reasonable>resemblance of the actual airport. >>If Ray wants to tackle it, I would defer to him, but if not,>I'll give it a look and see if I can do anything with it. >>Jim>>Dell XPS 420 >Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz>3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM>512 mb nvidia 8800GT>500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpm>Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music>22" Acer widescreen LCD>Windows Vista Home PremiumHa Ha, I had to laugh at the silence is deafening. I was thinking the same thing, lol. Actually I am not sure but I think Ray's was done using default objects but not fully sure. Thanks for the reply Jim and thanks in advance if you do decide to give it a go.

First, my thanks also for all the work you guys have done on your airports.I have an additional request...a little bit different.Would it be possible for all of you to do what Dakota Smith did with his consolidated October 2008 download post? His "package" download containing all of his airports from October was great. There were a few in it I had missed from downloading them separately, even though I had tried to keep up-to-date on the day to day file uploads.If you all could upload a monthly file with all your creations for that month, it would be much appreciated, and ensure none of us missed any of your excellent creations during the month.Thanks!FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest JimC1702

FalconAF,I haven't forgotten about Henderson Executive, by the way, it's still on my list. When it gets cold here in the northeast I'll move out to the desert. :)(At least I THINK it was you that asked about it) :)JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

WHEN it gets cold in the northeast???? I grew up in Michigan, then traveled all over the world for over 25 years with the Air Force. Been to many nice, warm, places like Greenland, Iceland, and of course, Minot ND (in the middle of February...the coldest I've ever been in my entire life!). Now, after living in Las Vegas for the past 5 years, with these 120 degree summer days every year out here...The northeast is ALWAYS cold! :-hah No rush on Henderson (yeah...it was me!). Quality takes time, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Thanks!Rick

Rick Ryan

Guest Bob Keeshan

I've been looking at some of the airports put out by Dakota Smith, and I'm struggling to see the real improvements over the stock FSX airports. Most of the improvements involve adding more parking. What other major improvements does the Smith airports provide?Thanks.

Thanks Ray. I just saw that you did KFLL and it was on the front page today. I look forward to downloading and using it tonight. Thanks again,Sean