Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

xml questions

HiI've been working on some GA panel for a while, and I constantly end up in problems. Here are some:1. How do I tune my com2 radio with xml?2. Is it possible to build a working audio panel? I can't select which com to transmit on?3. I've made a full working Bendix King KR86 ADF, and I would like to use the BFO switch to activate a 0.5kHz channel. How do I do this?Can anyone please give some working examples?Now a tip - a rarity from me :) To DECrease the 1, 10, 100, and 1000 on a transponder - and since the DECrease functions doesn't work in xml, increase seven times for each click instead. Ugly, oh yes, but it works :D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

VERY VERY good ?s Anyone Else???I have been working on a project that doen't involove flying with XML, but from past posts from Arne and Matthias something like the following may work. NOT TESTED AT ALL.>>>1. How do I tune my com2 radio with xml? First it would be important Nav2 is available in aircraft.cfg.BCD Frequency ( see Arnes post on the Horner Scheme )BCD Frequency (>K:NAV2_STBY_FREQUENCY)0 (>K:NAV_RADIO) 0 (>K:SELECT_2) 0 (>K:FREQUENCY_SWAP) >>>Now a tip - a rarity from me To DECrease the 1, 10, 100, and 1000 on a transponder - and since the DECrease functions doesn't work in xml, increase seven times for each click instead. Ugly, oh yes, but it works Binary Coded Octal,,, Thanks for the tip.Roman(KGRB)

Hi Karl and Roman,To tune com2 you can use the following parameters:swap:0 (>K:COM_RADIO) 0 (>K:SELECT_2) 0 (>K:FREQUENCY_SWAP)decrease and increase whole frequency:0 (>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_DECREASE)0 (>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_INCREASE)decrease and increase fract. frequency:0 (>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_DECREASE)0 (>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_INCREASE)About the Audio Panel: I've also tried several times to realize it but withou any luck. Hope anybody else have an answer here.Best regardsMatthias

Duh !!! :-( I just realized I put the nav2 code in the first response,,Thank MatthiasRoman(KGRB)

Thanks. That sure did the trick.Here is why: Microsofts SDK states INC and DEC, while Arnes tutorial states INCREASE and DECREASE.I have problems accepting the low quality of the Panels SDK from Microsoft. Why do you have to cause all this agony??????? :( Any luck with the 0.5kHz setting on the ADF via xml?Thanks for your support and tolerance against us newbies :)

You can use ADF_LOWRANGE_SET and ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET to set the ADF frequency including the last 0.5kHz digit. The arguments for these events have to be converted to BCD. 0x4145 (>K:ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET) would give 1414.5 kHz (if in the allowed range, I haven't looked it up)0x4145 (>K:ADF_LOWRANGE_SET) would give 0414.5 kHz.(0x... aren't the allowed numbers, but should show the BCD coded frequency in hex representation, use the aforementioned decimal<->BCD conversion here)Arne Bartels