Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Editing MS Gauges - Need help

Guest Heather 636

G'Day!I would like, if possible, to be able to edit the f6f3_hellcat!Fuel_Selector gauge to read differently (i.e; Main, Left, Right, Aux, Off). Is this possible, or is there an editor available that will let me do this? or, for that matter, is there a fuel selector already set up this way that i can use?Regards,Heather

As far as I know, to change compiled gauges (.gau files) requires the source code for the gauge (unless you hack the binary directly). XML gauges can be edited directly since they're just text files.

Heather,There is a utility called Gaugebmp (or something along those lines) made by Chuck Dome.it lets you extract the bitmaps from a gauge and repaint them. some have mentioned things about gauge copyrights. 90% of pre FS 2002 freeware gauges are just repainted default gauges. the code that makes them work is the same they just have modified bitmaps. also go buy FS Panel Studio it also lets you extract the panel bitmaps and modify them. It also lets you use every gauge out there including XML ones. It's well worth the $15 or $20 it costs. Also make sure that you rename any gauges you modify to make sure that they don't overwrite the defaults.Brian

Ah, the Duck's still goin'! :-hah Saw the announcement on today's Avsim news...Do you wanna edit the bitmap or do you wanna change the fuel tanks the gauge switches? If you mean the last, then what do you mean with 'Aux'? The left or right aux? I think there is no center one.Cheers! :-wavehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFetienne@spindler.deICQ# 99744757