Sign in to follow this  
E6BAV8R

Interesting quote from RW Falcon 7X pilot report

Guest BeachComer

Thought you'd be interested in this quote from a pilot report made August 1, '07 of the new Dassault Falcon 7X from Aviation International News:"The sidestick is a revolutionary style of flying an airplane unless, of course, the pilot has considerable time with Microsoft Flight Simulator. This flight made it clear that Flight Simulator time would not be wasted."I'm showing this to my wife, who is (of course) convinced that every minute and dollar I spend on FS is wasted! :(The article is here: http://www.ainonline.com/news/single-news-...535/?no_cache=1

Guest christianholmes

Unless you somehow intend to fly a Falcon 7X at some point in the future, I wouldn't try that one :)Of course, it doesn't matter what the hobby is- mine is real-world flying at the moment, and my wife still thinks it's a huge waste of money/time.When I used to spend all my time on Flight Sim- and in your case- at least you're not draining the bank account/running up credit cards!One hour of time in a Warrior with the instructor is about the cost of the new Saitek Flight Yoke! One more hour is the PMDG 747, ActiveSky, and FSX!

How on earth does that have anything to do with flying in Flight Sim? Flying a sidestick in the Falcon isn't going to change any handling characteristics in FS.