Sign in to follow this  

This may seem a silly question but

Guest Motormouse

is it possible to take a FSDS created model, and rework it inG-Max?If so, what else is needed besides G-Max?Thanks in advance:-wavePete

Pete,Check out www.freeflightdesign.com, there are some tutorials on how to change the .fsc formatted file into .dfx which can be imported into Gmax. If you have GMax 1.1 there is a dfx plug installed all ready, if you have the older version you might want to upgrade. If you are using the older version of Gmax there are some scripts you will need to install to in Gmax and FSDS to convert the .fsc files into .dfx files.Hope this helps.Dave W.

>is it possible to take a FSDS created model, and rework it >in >G-Max? >If so, what else is needed besides G-Max? There are several converters available, that will convert an FSDS .mdl file to .dxf format, Mdl2dxf32d.exe is the latest version.But, having just done that a few weeks ago, I've discovered that it's actually far easier to simply start from scratch!If you want to 'clone' the existing model because you don't have access to 3-view drawings, simply load the a/c in FS, and take three 'snapshots' of it on a neutral background: top view, left side view, and front view. Use those as viewport 'drawings' for GMAX.You can also use real photos of a/c as viewport bitmaps, if you like...

Mdl2dxf32d.exe is avaiable at ????. I would like to add landing light illumination to the interior for illumination of the turf in a 2D view from the cockpit.

>Mdl2dxf32d.exe is avaiable at ????. I would like to add >landing light illumination to the interior for illumination >of the turf in a 2D view from the cockpit. http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50954/hv/mdl/mdl.htmYou really should learn how to use a meta-websearch engine, such as dogpile.comSince I didn't remember where to find it off the top of my head, I had to do a quick, 30-second search to find it again... :)Hint: I never use the exact file name in a search, but instead use a truncated version, such as "Mdl2dxf"...I encourage you to try this:1) type www.dogpile.com in your browsers location window.2) enter Mdl2dxf in the Searchbox.3) press the Enter key (or click GO in MSIE)You will find the search return in less than 4 seconds the URL I provided above.