Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewW

Help with Fire Handle gauge...

I have the following gauge. It uses two bitmaps - however when clicked, it does what it is programmed to do, but does not display the second bitmap. Can anyone see what I'm missing?(A:Fire Engine1 handle, enum)0 (>K:TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1) 1Thanks for any help. Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Andrew,, G'Morn to ya.. 2 things.. 1 major & 1 very minor..#1 (A:Fire Engine1 handle, enum) (A:Fire Engine 1 handle,enum) is not a valid A: type variable. For valid A: variables (XML only) see the parameters.doc in the panels SDK or a_vars.txt in XMLgau01.zip... (A:General eng1 fuel valve, bool) should work. When using an A: type variable, some type of describing unit must be provided. For those see units.doc in the panel SDK. #2 very minor... 0 (>K:TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1) 1 Even though this works no describing numbers need to be used. I.E. the 1 and zero. The K: type writing variable already knows it's either on or off because of the "TOGGLE" ... No biggy whatsoever. For valid K: type vriables see EventIDs.doc in the SDK or k_events.txt from XMLgau01.zip.. This should get you going...P.S. BTW the screeny you sent looks GREAT!!! you must be very close to done ??? Regards,RomanProject 737-400

Thanks for the tips again Roman, working now :-)I had forgotten about the a_vars.txt! I'll have to dig that up. Thanks for the comments - the main panel is complete. The overhead now has working light systems, hydraulic select system, anti-ice systems and now working fire handles :) I still have work to do on the pedestal and FE panel. I need to get hold of some bitmaps for these panels. I know a guy who flies her, so maybe he could get me a few shots if I pass a digital camera and err...a bottle of whiskey his way! :-lolThanks again.Regards,AndrewMain panel:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d8861e730eb3a27.jpgOverhead:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d886225316dd1ab.jpg