Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

Timers, delays and XML time RE:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My observations to P:ABSOLUTE TIME are:(P:ABSOLUTE TIME,number) gives fractional seconds(P:ABSOLUTE TIME,seconds) gives fractional seconds(P:ABSOLUTE TIME,minutes) gives minutes from 1.1.0001 AD (P:ABSOLUTE TIME,hours) gives hours from 1.1.0001 AD (P:ABSOLUTE TIME,days) gives days from 1.1.1202 AD (?)(P:ABSOLUTE TIME,weeks) or ..,months) don't work(P:ABSOLUTE TIME,years) gives fractional seconds (??)Arne Bartels

Hi Arne,HMM.... I would get 0.00000000000000 in a string using seconds as a unit. %SECONDS %((P:Absolute time, seconds))%!21.11f!%Maybe the string is bad.... Anyway the problem, no matter how done is fixed.. Thanx again Arne.Regards,RomanProject 737-400

Hmm again :)I'm sure I got Absolute time,seconds to work as a digital readout in a string for testing purposes, but I've overwritten that part now. I'm not sure what it was, but the readout did indeed surprise me one way or the other.Btw; if a "faulty" timer gives a buggy flight at new years eve only, I'd consider the gauge close to perfect! Consider Microsoft who gives us buggy flights all the time :DOne problem I've had with a timer of mine, is that its seconds counting is way waaay off - it counts seconds way slow, and cannot be accurately used even for timed approaches. :(I have absolutely no idea why it shouldn't work, so can anyone post a digital stopwatch that counts seconds accurately (compared to a real stopwatch)?

You might try this:Value evaluation: (P:ABSOLUTE TIME,minutes) 60 * s0 (G:Var1) - (G:Var2) (G:Var3) if{ + } (>G:Var2) l0 (>G:Var1) (G:Var2) Reset:<Click> 0 (>G:Var2) </Click>Start/Stop:<Click> (G:Var3) ! (>G:Var3) </Click>I originally intended to use L: vars for the easier overview, but the problem was that my test gauge was two times on the panel (normal + VC) so it counted twice as fast as it should.If you use only L:vars it works also for doubled gauges: (P:ABSOLUTE TIME,minutes) 60 * s0 (L:last time, number) - (L:accumulated time, number) (L:watch running,bool) if{ + } (>L:accumulated time, number) l0 (>L:last time, number) (L:accumulated time, number)<Click> 0 (>L:accumulated time, number) </Click><Click> (L:watch running,bool) ! (>L:watch running,bool) </Click>Arne Bartels