Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

xml temperature and deice

Hi,Wrestling with the following:1. A red warninglight must come on when temperature is below 0*C2. That is the moment i want to press the deice switches: wings, engines 1 and 2.3. The light must then go off and vice versa (switch on-light off, switch off-light on.4. Temp. above 0*C a green light must come and stay on, as a warning to disconnect the deice switches. Who can help me with some advice?I tried a lot of combinations.Could only find switches for eng-deice, not for wings.Know the strings for OAT,TAT, but could not code the interdepence of Temp, and the actions (lights on/off)Thanks in advance,PH-JVH

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Ph-jvh,The easiest way to do this, is by using a visible code in the Warning light.Just an example:(A:Total air temperature, celsius) 0 < (A:General eng1 anti ice position,bool) 0 == &&With the above code the Warning Light is visible if the temperature is below 0

MatthiasThanks for the effort.Pity, the gauge crashes. Something to do with code?Here it is:(A:Total air temperature, celsius) 0 < (A:General eng1 anti ice position,bool) 0 == &&Tryed so hard to add and eliminate, but failed.Other solution?PH-JVH

Hi MatthiasAfter more effort something starts to work.For all interested people, here is the code:(A:General eng1 anti ice position,bool) 0 == (A:Total air temperature, celsius) 10 <=(A:General eng1 anti ice position,bool) 1 == The signs before the first alter in the forum!!!!Hope it helps someone, like it did me.PH-JVH

Since you seemed to have gotten your gauge going, I would like to point out that waiting until the temperature hits 0deg C before turning on anti-ice functions is not a good thing for safe aviation. In fact, it is probably way too late!!

Hi,Thanks for the help and comments.I am still confused by the different presentations of the gauge-operators.I know, that in a moisterous environment and temperatures up to 30*C, you can have engine ice.For the simulation I use 10*C for the engines and 5 for the wings.I wonder: how many Toggle's are there for deicing beside the 4 for the engines and the general one.The general anti-ice toggle clicks the engine-toggles also on and off.Is there a way to bypass this phenomenon?Thanks in advance.PH-JVH