Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eugen

question Alpha Protection Speed etc

Guest Eugen

Hi,Is it possible to get the following values in xml?Alpha Protection Speed, Alpha MAX and the VMAXBrgdsEugen

Eugen, VMAX should be able to get via A:Airspeed barber pole. The other two would have to be calculated based on performance charts using items such as A:Total weight, A:Flap position etc..I took the performace charts for the 734 and created a furmula to calculate them. The formula approximates very darn close but not exact.. ( +/- 2 knots ).Attached is an example pic of what I did. You would then have to calculate each speed factor for the necessary flap positions the provide a IF statement to send the correct flap setting factor to the formula..If flaps1 then "speed factor 1" (>G:Var1) If flaps 2 speed factor2 (>G:Var1) etc....Then for the example shown here to find the speed (in this case V2):(* THE FINAL CALCULATED V2 *)(A:Total weight, lbs) 80000 - (G:Var1) * 125 + I used the same procedure to find all the speeds necesary to display on the EADI.. Min/Max flap speeds, V1, Vr, V2, Min Manuever speed, Stall Speed etc...Of course speed charts would be necessary to find all the numbers you need... I hope this helps. Regards,Roman[link:www.packers.com]GREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest Eugen

Thanks Roman,I' don't have the speed charts covering the alpha so until I get them I'll make a QD :-) but I'll saved your post for future coding :-)BrgdsEugen