Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stefanosg

Stuck in the mud

Guest Stefanosg

I know I've seen this topic before, and I am certain there is a solution, but at the moment, both have escaped me. I've been doing some work on the float versions of my upcoming Beaver project. Where should I look to help un-stick my float planes in the water? They will go now, but not until full throttle is applied.

Have you compared the C208 Amphibian's *.air and aircraft.cfg file to yours. Does the C208 require the same full throttle to get it moving?AirEd152 - http://members.dsl-only.net/~eagle/ . See the attached file for an updated aired.ini. Change the name to aired.ini, open the ini file for credits and date information.

Steve,the problem lies in the contact points in the aircraft cfg. Take a look at the point data on my Norseman. It get's up on the step quickly and out of the water and you can taxi it in the water at about 1/2 throttle or less (1/2 to 3/4 to get it going then throttle back to set the speed) feel free to use any part of that cfg file to help you out :-) I want to see your Beavers ASAP :-lolBrian

Guest Stefanosg

Careful, my wife's the jealous type, LOL. Seems like it must have something to do with the dampening then. I'll play with the numbers a bit and see what I get.

Guest Stefanosg

Ok guys, would you believe it had to do with the manifold pressure settings? Seems I had the minumum set at 1.000000. This seemed to cause a delay, or rather a short pause, while the engine developed RPM's. It would climb to 1800, pause for about two or three seconds, then would kick up to 2300, at which point the plane would begin to move. I bumped up the minumum MP and now she responds almost immediately and taxis well.