Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

How to put a bitmap back into a C style gauge?

I have found a way to extract the main bitmap out of a C style gauge - so I can modify it .But is there any way of getting it back in again?? :)Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I have found a way to extract the main bitmap out of a C >style gauge - so I can modify it . >>But is there any way of getting it back in again?? :) There are a couple of 'old' utility programs that will do it - most of the time. Unfortunately, I don't remember their names off hand...I've used FS Panel Studio to extract, edit and replace c .gau bitmaps.I cannot recommend FSPS highly enough! It is a 'must have' for anyone who's serious about a/c and panel design.

GAU2BMP by Chuck Dome is the utility to work on just about any gauge. However, I have noticed that on "certain" gauges, you get a "subscript out of range" error when trying to extract replace.Still, it's the only freeware tool that will work on all C gauges.

Hi Barry,Yes, I agree with Bill. FS Panel Studio is a Must Have!! It really is great. I have done a rework of a Dash 8-100 panel for a Cargo aircraft for own use and I have found some really great looking gauges to give it that "round the world more times than hot dinners" look. And the author is a cool guy too. Which helps.