Sign in to follow this  
Guest christianholmes

consumer VR goggles

Check out this video at Gizmodo.http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2007/09/flight_s...920_virtua.html"Dude, that's pretty cool" he says...a pretty good testimonial, right? :) I'm really looking forward to trying theses some day.They could really change the sim experience.I like that the first guy has a big cut under his left eye...he probably fell out of his chair doing barrel rolls (-:DannyCZBB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My brother tried some similiar ones, and the problem is that the displays are tiny- so he said it was like tunnel vision and you couldn't read the gauges. Until somebody can put two bigger 1024x768 displays it's probably more gimicky than useful. Hopefully someday soon a company will figure out a good way to do it.I have had an idea about this for years- What if you made a monitor overlay that mapped a bunch of tiny fiber optic cables and they ran through a cable to the headset, and then just mapped onto a smaller screen that went over your eye. Not only would you get high-res, but the screen in the headset could be curved. You could also build a model that used two monitors for stereo input. I'm not sure how hard it would be to manufacture, so I'm speculating about the feasibility- but it seems doable?