Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Eze Has Been Uploaded ...

Well, for those inclined, my humble canard project has been uploaded and is currently available in the file library.Updates will be posted as available.Many thanks to all the individuals that have gotten me through the rough spots.Bob C.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Well, for those inclined, my humble canard project has been >uploaded and is currently available in the file library. >Updates will be posted as available. >Many thanks to all the individuals that have gotten me >through the rough spots. Hey Bob! I got the 100th download... do I win a prize? :)I was wondering how to spend a Sunday afternoon... (I'm feeling lazy and not inspired enough to work on my own projects today...) :)

Well sir, I am honored. Thanks for your help during this project.Pleae let me know of any comments you may. I am going to take a little rest now (get back to my guitar). I have spent the majority of my Christmas vacation working on this. Boy is there a lot of work in getting a package ready for release. Also want to say thanks to Randy Smith for helping with a last minute problem. I appreciate it guy!Bob C.

Bob I just love the longeze and I evan done a few aerobatic moneuvers and it did them with eze you know what would be cool if one of the updates included a turbine version of your aircraft with teh walter 601 500hp turbine now that would be just awsome

Hmmmmmmm, very well could be. I am really glad you like it! It's a big relief!Bob C.

Bob I like the plane in the pic I don't think I can build own like that I am not a good designer but I am a good pilot

Hey Bob.I am downloading the EZ as I write, will let you know of my impressions. I flew the real one yesterday and today, and it still impresses me everytime I fly it how well this plane handles.Note: The EZ in the picture is powered by a liquid-fuel rocket, piloted by Dick Rutan, Burt's brother. To date there have not been any turbine EZs.

Hey Bob.I flew the EZ on FS and really, really liked it. Of course I suppose you modeled this one with 160hp, which makes a big difference, since my Dad's has 115hp :-).Couple of things: The winglets are too small. The real ones are quite bigger than that. I could show you some pictures. And the winglet-style flare at the end of the canard (also existent on my Dad's canard) is less pronounced than that. Ah, and I am not sure about other Long EZs, this might be a personal preference, but the landing brake on the plane's belly on my Dad's EZ is much wider, so that it looks like a square.Again, I can provide you pictures of all of this, and even more stuff if you want. The hangar is close to my house, and I have a digital camera :-).

Ended up flying the EZ several hours yesterday.... What a beautiful bird!I hope you can swap the static wing bitmaps for real virtual wing views in the future...that'd be a huge plus, as one could enjoy the aircraft "back seat", and even turn around to view the spinning prop....Another great thought would be allowing the canopy to retract (or whatever it does on the EZ)I have a question about your EZ.... Knowing it's a homebuilt, and probably no two are alike, yours looks much nicer and more streamlined from the nose forward. I somewhat remember hearing this was a mod some builders did.... Most of the LongEZ's have nose cowling and fuse which is somewhat flat on the sides, like this (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/182313/L/), but I've seen a lot of subtle differences from builder to builder. Saw my first real "EZ" at Napa airport back in the 80's.... It looked and flew like a Rocket!Thanks for so many hours of fun.... Wish I had a real EZ.... Even Orlando would be only 8 hours away from my home in Phoenix...

You are very welcome. Yes, the goal for the future is to have a virtual cockpit, with opening canopy, but based on what developed I wanted to share it as is until I can work up those add-ons.Typically the Eze canopy has a piano hinge on the right side, and therefore swings open to that side. Other varieties of canards such as the Berkut have adopted the rear hinge, and even having separate shells for passenger and pilot, similar to the T-38.As for the fuselage, yes, the Eze's usually have the squared off - flat sides. Mod's have been adopted to lengthen and round the nose section, and this is where I departed most from the original design. I always thought an oval fuse with a slightly longer nose would look so much better. Therefore I started down that road, and then ended up trying to figure out how all the rest of the aircraft was going to adapt to the change, such as engine air intake, canopy, rear cowling, etc. As you can see, this model does have a bit of artistic license applied to the design. May not be functional in the real world, but makes for an appealing Flight Sim aircraft. The one thing I love the most about homebuilt's is the ability to customize certain aspects therefore making your aircraft unique.Thanks Again Sir!!Bob C.

I think the nose mod looks awesome, especially with the reflections on. Did you use GMAX for this aircraft? How in the heck did you keep it so fps friendly with reflections? And BTW, I'm working on a repaint. I'll post a pic this evening, and if you approve, I'll upload the textures to Avsim.... -John

Hey Fabio,Appreciate the comments. Actually, this whole project was eyeballed. I never could find good three view drawings, therefore just went with what looked decent. If you can get a set of three views and e-mail them to me it would be great.I fought back and forth with the size and shape of the winglets, and yes they used to be bigger. As for the up-swept canard tips, I've seen different approaches to these. I'm not really satisfied with the current one's and will redo them in the future.One complement I would like to give is to Brian Gladden for his FDE file. When trying to start this project I remembered I had Brian's Velocity, and started initial tests with his flight dynamics. They seemed to offer a very smooth flight, and were not as touchy as the actual controls. Having limited knowledge of the FDE's, I modified a little of the roll and pitch MOI, and was well impressed. Thinking I might want to share this project I asked Brian for permission to use his file and luckily he agreed.As mentioned, if you can e-mail a set of 3-views it would be appreciated.Regards!!Bob C.

Hey JohnYes it was made using Gmax. One thing tried to make sure of was to watch the poly count. If you check the Screen Shot Forum, I posted a series of shot's I ran last night. In the first shot, sitting beside me is my first design attempt, HomE-1. In this one I really wanted smooth curves on the wing's, cowling, etc. It turned out fairly nice, but when I went to work on the VC I began to notice the impact of the high number of poly's on the smoothnes of frame rate when in the virtual cockpit. It's still acceptable but not as smooth as I would like. (Like Glasssss)So on this design I paid attention to certain areas. Several areas still required dense patches, and I was very concerned how it would do on other machines. I am glad it is working well for you!!Shoot me an e-mail of the re-paint. Very intersted to see what you come up with.RegardsBob C.

Fabulous! Don't change a thing on external appearance or flight model. Looks great and flies well. Kudos!

Thanks Paul, I really appreciate it! Got a little FDE suggestion through the e-mail this morning and I am anxious to try it out. If there are any major improvements I will post a service pack.Happy New Year and BE SAFE!Bob C.

Bob when I tried to find teh diesplay and hide gps button I could not find it or any other icons on the panel is it because teh eze does not have a gps in it I could not find teh flight map icon as well I think the ezerocket would be the coolist plane for FS2002 if you decide to build it let me know and I will test it for you

Hey There,The Eze does have a standard MSFS GPS and a Bendix radio group. Your subpanel view keys, shift 2 and 3 should activate them. There was not a lot of room on the panel so I did not install the icons.I have several more on mine. It is not hard adding them to yours depending on the guages you have.RegardsBob C.

how do I do that add instruments ot my panel in your aircraft?

I am rather new to working on panels but:For additions to the panel, there are several ways you can do it.Example1) Get CfgEdit or FS Panel - CfgEdit is a freeware panel-editing tool. FS Panel is a similar product for sale. This is the easiest way to add gauges. Simple load the panel you want to change, select a gauge from your list available, then click and drag it into position.2) Reviewing panel configs for panels that have the gauge or subview you want. Sometimes you can simply copy a section of the file into your panel.cfg, redo a few letters or numbers and your done.===============Below is a copy of a section of my panel.cfg. Please note the <> are actually [] around the Window Titles in your file. You need to have the gauge in your Flight Sim gauge directory to be able to add it to your panel.There are two main sections, the Window Titles section, and the actual WindowXX details section. - List of Windows to be used, such as the main panel, GPS, Radio, etc. - Actual details of the background bitmap, configuration details, gauge name, and placement. THIS IS WHERE IT HELPS TO COPY FROM ANOTHER FILE. Then you can change a few numbers if need be.Looking at other panels and studying their panel config, with a few trials and errors, you'll get the hang of it. Then you can really customize your aircraft panel the way you want them. A quick one is:1) Copy the WindowsXX area from the panel.cfg you like. Copy all the way from < to the end of the last gauge detail.2) Paste it to the next open WindowsXX space in the file you want to change.3) Look at your current list. If Window04 is the last one, then the new one should be Window05. Change the name in the brackets of the data you just pasted to Window05.4) Add a new line to the such as above, Windows05=(Whatever tag you want). (Note the numbers start from 0)Next time you run Flight Sim, hit your subview keys, such as Shift 6 in this case, and now you should have one more.THIS SECTION LIST THE WINDOW SCREENS AVAILABLE----------------------------------------------Window00=MainWindow01=RadarWindow02=GPSWindow03=TimerWindow04=RadioTHIS IS THE PARTICULAR WINDOW----------------------------- // NOTE FIRST IN THE LISTfile=Panel.bmp size_mm=1024window_size_ratio=1.00 position=7visible=1ident=Mainwindow_size= 8191.000, 4000.000gauge00=HGHB_VM1000, 657,461,132gauge01=Cop_Cessna_radio_stack, 232,489,162,109gauge02=extra-300!VOR1, 307,396,90gauge03=mooney_bravo!Airspeed, 399,391,83,81gauge04=century_att, 484,384,89gauge05=mooney_bravo!Altimeter, 573,393,82,83gauge06=bell_206b!Vertical Speed, 573,481,81gauge07=mooney_bravo!HSI, 485,478,86,84gauge08=mooney_bravo!Turn Coordinator, 398,481,83,81gauge09=FuelQuantityRG, 394,568,81,30gauge10=cessna!Master_Alt_Bat, 219,601,40,37gauge11=cessna!Starter, 258,601,40,36gauge12=cessna!Pitch_Trim, 786,591,28,37gauge13=cessna182s!Switches, 561,563,96,33gauge14=GearLights, 732,600,47,27 // NOTE SECOND IN LISTfile=RADAR.bmp size_mm=149,166window_size_ratio=1.00 position=8visible=0ident=IFR_MAIN_PANELgauge00=F16!Radar, 10,15,127,113gauge01=F16!Radar Mode, 17,144,32,12gauge02=F16!Radar Range, 51,144,32,12gauge03=cpt.icons!ifr_T, 100,145,16,11 // NOTE THIRD IN LIST size_mm=500,368window_size_ratio=1.00 position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANEL gauge00=C421NJ5!IPCI, 0, 0, 0, 0gauge01=C421NJ3!GAR, 0, 0, 500, 368 // NOTE FOURTH IN LISTBackground_color=91,99,99 size_mm=25,25window_size_ratio=1.00 position=0visible=0ident=30window_size= 0.130, 0.160window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=extra-300!Timer, 0,0,23,23 // NOTE FIFTH IN LISTBackground_color=2,2,2 size_mm=234,432position=6visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELgauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0,0,234gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0,46,234gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0,138,234gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0,227,234gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0,286,234gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0,358,234Like I said, I am no pro, but I have found it is not as hard as I thought to make panel changes. There are many panel pro's out there that can help on those tricky problems. Check the Panel and Design forum for help.Hope that wasn't too confusing.Good Luck!!Bob C.

Bob--Sorry it took so long for me to post...Here is a screenshot of my repaint you requested:

John thats nice i am going to make a custom panel for mine well I am going to add radar stormscope and a garman 530GNS gps

Looks pretty good John. Don't forget the inside stripes on the winglets, and you might want to get the division lines for the cowling, etc. to match.Keep up the good work.Bob C.