Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Announcing the USAF T-37B Tweet !!!

I'd need just a tad more information before posting this on our front page...... like: is this payware ?? Is there anything else to show/discuss except a few pictures? ;-)FrancoisManaging EditorThe simFlight Networkwww.simflight.com

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Yes it will be payware. I've been working on it so I was too lazy to spend alot of time writing about it.. but here are some features...- photoreal panel- accurate gauges and an FS first, TACAN (suitable for training)- failures modeled- flightmodel accurate to USAF taught pitch and power settings- authentic Tweet sounds (just as loud as the real thing)- photoreal Virtual Cockpit with high res textures- planned 3-5 paint schemes (1 complete as of now)- manual written explaning flying procedures and other USAF specific training narrativesUSAF Pilot

Considering the flaps, the main gear, the engine's intakes and some other details, it can be a very good FREEWARE but it isn't actually at the level of a payware. Some freeware models are far more accurately made. Sorry if I am too critical.

I'm with SamDim on this one. It surely looks good, but it's not something I'm going to spend money on.

My only criticism would be with the inner structure inside the engine intake. I realize that this isn't a finished product yet, so hopefully that will get smoothed out a bit. The rest looks fantastic, especially the VC. With TACAN and a USAF-pilot-verified Ron Freimuth airfile, I'm sure it will be a great product.Matt

Guest JLambCWU

Sorry Folks, I just have to do it.In response to "samdims" comment about the flaps the gear and the intakes on the new tweet model. As well as his assertions that it could only be considered a "very good FREEWARE" product, I am asking "sadim" to show me a freeware product that is more accurately made. Not only are the dynamics of this model superb and tested by an actual tweet driver, the 3D model is as well, it is entirely to scale. As for the textures, they're not finished yet dude, but will be soon.While I fully agree that most of the models people develop out there should be freeware, and I've turned my nose up at some of the payware I've seen, this model is kinda unique.Can someone find me a T-37 FS model newer than FS98? Can someone find me a trainer or tactical jet that is not payware that comes with a fully functional VC with the exception of the T-38 developed by Owen Hewitt? You simply won't find one without paying for one. And why? Because it takes an inordinate amount of time and effort to put a project like this together. And say it with me folks, TIME IS MONEY. So to Mr. Sadim I say, before you go shooting down other people

Hey there "USAF Pilot", your bird is going to be an EXCEPTIONAL offering. Can't wait. I have flown 99% of everything offered on the web, and yours looks to be Top Drawer. Can you give me a WAG at a price? How about release date?Best Regards,J.F. Ascani

No release date is firm yet. Let's just say soon. I could release it now but people would complain about lack of paint schemes, plus the publisher needs time to do their thing too.Pricewise, we haven't decided. I need to do a break even analysis.

I have to totally agree with the rant above. You CAN NOT find any free ware with the detail like this. What kills me even more if your so cheap as to only fly FREEWARE why bother coming in here to post? Just move on your way flying your free stuff.I own alot of PAYWARE from thelz, helo's that you can't find as freeware any where on the net. Plus the given fact that it was a Tweet pilot making this so you should expect an top notch FM.I'm buying this baby pronto as soon as I get wind of the price ;)

That aircraft looks VERY nice! I have been waiting for something like this for quite a while. I'm going to pick this up as soon as it comes out.Just as a side note, is a T-6 for us up and coming UPT guys or a T-1 for the heavy guys in the works?Once again, very nice work!

This Tweet is sweet! Fantastic looking plane! Love the detail which is A1. I'm not a fighter jock, but this certainly turned my head. I'm sure there will be many good reviews on this baby. Best of luck with her.Don

Thanks!We'll have to see how well the Tweet fairs. I don't think we can develop the T-1 commercially because funding wouldn't be there. Sims that are procedurally correct require a ton of programming, which isn't cheap. The T-6 might be next though since it isn't nearly as complex as the T-1.

Hi,I'm waiting for word on pilot selection... the categorization board meets in February. I've always wondered when someone would think of doing a detailed "Tweet"... I'm hoping this would help me out to train for JSUPT (knock on wood), but do you think the T-6 Texan II's will be in full service by than (late 2004), or will the good old tweet still be around? I'd really be interested in a training aid, since the T-37 cockpit was designed before the "T" instrument lay-out became standard.Even if the T-37 isn't gonna be around, I'm still getting this thing!Sincerely,Phil Geddes (C/2Lt, AFROTC)