Sign in to follow this  

Idle Taxi?

Hi, i am making some A330-200 Flight Dynamics, and just wondered hwo i would make it so the aircraft could taxi at Idle, like in the PSS A3XX series, i would really like to put thisinto my FDE but i don't know how, does anyone know? Any Idea's would be greatly apprieciated!Andy

First of all, I have never made / edited any FDE so I actually dunno what I am talking about, but you could try increasing the static_thrust in the {TurbineEngineData} (< square brackets) section of your aircraft.cfg, got that info from the SDK.Good luck and please let me know if it works, since I also might need it... :-)Etienne :-wave

Hi Andy,I can share with you what I learned when I asked the very same question of the guys at Project Airbus: Using AirEd, open up your airfile and look at section 1506 "fs2000 thrust factor vs N1 and mach no" - there you'll see a number of columns the titles of which are numbers representing N1 values (eg 17.4000000, 26.000000, 28.7000000 etc.) Now look for the column that approximates the n1 value of your aircaft at idle, i.e. if your aircraft idles at 30%% n1, your target column in the examples above would be 28.700000 - now experiment by steadily increasing the value in the FIRST row below your aircraft's idle N1)Using this technique I have been able to reproduce idle taxi in several aircraft without adversely affecting anything other than idle fuel flow - (an fs2002 limitation I was told).hope this helpsRegards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Thanks alot i will try it as soon as i get time from making my MD80 and homework and stuff. ThanksAndy

hi, i can't seem to be able to change the values, and they are very low values! how do i change them? ThanksAndy