Sign in to follow this  
Guest christianholmes

So I went flying again yesterday...

Guest christianholmes

OK, getting my pilots license has been the best thing to happen to me in awhile. I took this girl I've been dating up yesterday- she had never been and was excited to go. I decided instead of just sight seeing I'll give her a dream date. So I met her at the airport and flew her out to Martha's Vineyard for dinner. We had a great flight out- smooth air, no clouds below 12,000. We flew along the CT coast, up to Newport, and then over to the Vineyard. She was cracking up everytime I talked to ATC and thought it sounded so cool. She was laughing saying "I want to say niner on radio!" haha. I let her fly around a little bit. So we got there and I had a great landing- there was ZERO wind so I had no excuse not to! We grabbed a cab into Edgartown and walked around for a bit and then got some food at David Ryans restaurant. At 7:30 we were ready to head back and I told her she was going to love night flying. Sure enough as soon as we got up it was dark and smooth and you could see the lights all the way up to Boston. She was taking pictures and having a great time. I spent quite a bit of time telling her all about flying and she loved every minute of it and kept asking questions. I missed approach calling me a couple of times and the controller kept asking if I was still on frequency. Oops. Oh well, they weren't very busy anyway so they didn't really care. So after landing back in New Haven she said it was by far the best date she had ever been on. We made plans for next weekend. Only problem is, how do I top that? I'm going to see if I can get a couple seats on the first manned trip to mars...

Guest CRJ700FO

When you climbed past 5,500' did you tell her what happens when you're a mile high? :)

Lucky for me, I dont need to rent a plane for $100 bucks to be a member of the mile high club... my own bed does just fine at 5,800' MSL (I'n in Denver)No seriously... look at it this way... did you feel like your second, third, fifth, tenth flights were any less boring than the last one? No... so if she truly enjoyed it, then she's not going to feel like the next time you take her flying it's just the same old thing all over again. She will still love it!Not only that, if she truly likes you, half the fun is going flying with YOU, not just flying, know what I mean?Don't feel like you need to top yourself, man... because I'm telling you, if the girl is a good one worth the efforts, she doesnt feel like you need to get better and better every time you take her out... she just wants to be with you. I'll bet you that shes not even coming close to thinking anything like "hmm great now what are we going to do on the next date... its gonna be boring". She's just thinking how much fun she had and she wants to do it again and she loved spending time with you.I have a girl I just started dating... I have plans to take her flying too. I might take her over to Leadville (Lake Co. LXV) but I haven't had mountain training so I'm not sure I will go that far into the mountains or not. I'm thinking probably not, to be on the safe side. Downside is that I'm going to have to get a checkout since I need to change to an uncontrolled airport. (I usually fly out of Front Range with a safety pilot assisting me on the radios) But at least it will be nice to have an instructor back in the 'pit for a bit so I can get some feedback on my performance.

Guest christianholmes

haha... Yeah, she's a really nice girl and those cockpits are kind of small. I might have to put that one on hold for awhile for various reasons- I've already been there, but I can't tell HER that!