Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

How to repaint curved lines w/o getting jaggies in the paint...

Hey all!I finally started looking into this painting thing about 3hrs ago, and I just finished my first repaint, following a tutorial. So, I am now looking at going out with just a picture of an aircraft I wish to paint & start. I noticed that on my 1st ever repaint, there are several lines that angle from the bottom to the top of the fuselage, andthey are jagged in the game. How can I correct this?I have access to Photoshop 5 I thinkit is, and PSP 7, which is better for getting smooth paint lines & surfaces?Thank you in advance.

Hello, Larry. You can use the Anti-aliasing option for the line tool in Photoshop. You can try a 1 pixel aliasing and see how that plays on your livery and adjust up from there is necessary. The thicker the line, the better the effect. One method I've used is to use the line tool, setup the aliasing then draw a horizontal line longer than the length of the angled line I want. I then use the rotate option in the Edit-Transform menu and eyeball the line into the angle I want. Sometimes I cannot get the line exactly where I want it so I have to resort to using the line tool and drawing the line at the required angle. Depending on how many pixels I set the line thickness this can give good results.Pete