Wednesday at 09:02 PM2 days Commercial Member FFB-Bridge 1.6.0 is ready. https://ffb-bridge.comRead the full release notes at https://ffb-bridge.com/releases#1.6.0 and the updated manual at https://ffb-bridge.com/docs/manual.I've been working on this for a while now, trying to bring a few new ideas to life. The app now includes 1395 pre-built profiles that automatically work with the vast majority of planes we fly in MSFS 2024. I cover 135 developers in this release, and many of the bigger devs have received extra attention and care to make the planes "just work". PMDG, A2A, BlackSquare, iFly, Flight Factor, iniBuilds, and many many more have been manually tuned and tweaked. It's not perfect, of course, but it's a good place to start, and we'll improve things together.Tuning is very different and I hope much easier to use. I also translated the app/docs/manuals into 16 languages. I hope that helps those of you who aren't native English speakers. There's so much in this release that I can't put it all in this post, and neither can I put it all in the release notes! I will probably do a blog post or video at some point explaining the thinking behind this release.Here are some of the highlights- More aircraft, better matching. The app now includes 1,395 aircraft starting profiles for MSFS 2020, MSFS 2024 and X-Plane 12. Aircraft recognition handles more add-ons and variants, and saved defaults stay with the aircraft edition you chose.- New ways to tune the feel. Set centre-cam strength and width for a fixed-wing profile, shape pitch and roll spring curves independently, adjust trim-dependent pitch stiffness, and choose where Mach buffet begins.- More hardware and helicopter support. Brunner FFB-H and FFB-G support is available on Windows and Linux. Guided cyclic balance helps compensate for a grip or extension that pulls the stick off centre. Helicopter trim reversal is also corrected for native spring devices, including the Logitech G940.- Closer aircraft integration. This release expands telemetry and autopilot handling for aircraft including the PMDG 737 and 777, iFly 737 MAX, Fenix, FlightFactor 777 v2 and Hot Start Challenger 650. It also improves MOZA AY210 handling and AB9 force sensing and recovery.- More languages. Choose from sixteen app interface languages without restarting. The revised illustrated manual is available in fifteen languages. If you spot an awkward translation, use Report translation in the app to suggest a correction.- Easier support and important fixes. Report an Issue can send a diagnostic bundle from inside the app, with a local ZIP export available. This release also improves device restoration and reconnect behavior and fixes a Windows in-app update error.If an in-app Windows update from 1.5.3 reports “The system cannot find the path specified,” use the Windows download button below to install 1.6.0. The update error is fixed in this version.I hope you all enjoy this release. It is nice to see it getting closer to what I have in mind.. we aren't quite there yet, but we are headed in the right direction. Please let me know if you see bugs or want new features. 9800X3d, 4090, 64 GB DDR5 6000 RAM, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + FramegenI'm the developer of FFB-Bridge. https://ffb-bridge.com. Been on these forums as JonathanC for many years, so decided not to change that as you all know me!
Create an account or sign in to comment