Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How can I get Captain Sim ACE payload tool to work?

Featured Replies

Hello, I have the Captain Sim Boeing 727 and I can't get the ACE payload tool to work. I am using Windows 10 64 bit and Steam version of FSX.

The tool will run just fine, but when I set up the payload I want and click save, it won't add the weights to the airplane's payload stations. I tried manually loading each station in the built in FSX payload tool which does work, however, if I load airplane the way I want, save the flight, then reload the flight, FSX doesn't save the payload changes I made. When I load a flight with the airplane, only the first 10 or so stations are loaded and the rest are set to 0.

This means every time I start a flight, or start from a saved flight, I have to manually enter in the weights for almost all 100+ payload stations every time which is extremely tedious.

I did try different compatibility settings for the ACE_727.exe file but nothing helped there and I'm not sure what else I can try that may get it working.

I also thought about just entering in the weights into all the stations in the aircraft.cfg file, but I notice by default, all of the weghts are already added to all of the stations in the aircraft.cfg file. So something must be overriding what the aircraft.cfg file says when I load the airplane in the sim.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks

Specs: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon, Ryzen 5800X CPU, 32 GB (3600Mhz) Corsair RAM, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT GPU

Favorite Sims: FSX:SE, P3Dv5.4, MSFS 2020, X-Plane 11 & 12

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.