Everything posted by Zylx
-
Nemeth Designs S-76A repaints
I understand that Flightsim.com is down, I only tried AVSIM links, and there was one link where it didn't say what the source was. Also, there's one with a Google Drive link that didn't work. There are also a couple liveries I found where the images wouldn't load, though I do use Adblocker Ultimate so I don't know if that may be the reason. Here's the links I tried that I remember: [Broken Links] CeraSim Bell 412: Cera Sim Bell 412 Bristow Caribbean FleetDownload AVSIM.NET Download FLIGHTSIM.COMhttps://drerepaints868.blogspot.com/2023/11/fsxp3d-heliservicio-campeche-bell-412.html Virtucol ATR-72-600 Livery: https://drerepaints868.blogspot.com/2023/04/caribbean-airlines-atr72-600-fleet.html C172 Livery: https://drerepaints868.blogspot.com/2023/04/fsx-cessna-172-private-9y-teq.html Broken Images: https://drerepaints868.blogspot.com/2024/08/htai-c208-and-b1900d-trans-guyana.html I appreciate that you would take the time to go and fix the broken links and stuff. It would be so much better to use your site to download the liveries instead of having to go hunting on Google. Thanks again for your time, I realize you do this for free.
-
How can I get Captain Sim ACE payload tool to work?
Hello, I have the Captain Sim Boeing 727 and I can't get the ACE payload tool to work. I am using Windows 10 64 bit and Steam version of FSX. The tool will run just fine, but when I set up the payload I want and click save, it won't add the weights to the airplane's payload stations. I tried manually loading each station in the built in FSX payload tool which does work, however, if I load airplane the way I want, save the flight, then reload the flight, FSX doesn't save the payload changes I made. When I load a flight with the airplane, only the first 10 or so stations are loaded and the rest are set to 0. This means every time I start a flight, or start from a saved flight, I have to manually enter in the weights for almost all 100+ payload stations every time which is extremely tedious. I did try different compatibility settings for the ACE_727.exe file but nothing helped there and I'm not sure what else I can try that may get it working. I also thought about just entering in the weights into all the stations in the aircraft.cfg file, but I notice by default, all of the weghts are already added to all of the stations in the aircraft.cfg file. So something must be overriding what the aircraft.cfg file says when I load the airplane in the sim. I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks
- Nemeth Designs S-76A repaints
- Nemeth Designs S-76A repaints
- Nemeth Designs S-76A repaints
-
PMDG 737 NGX FSXSE
From what I've been told by PMDG themselves is that there's a lot of liveries out there for all of PMDG's FSX aircraft. Usually the best place to look for FSX era liveries is often the AVSIM Library. The problem with the AVSIM library is that the build in search tool is broken, so the best way to search the it is by doing Google searches or advanced Google searches to find more results. There are also other sites worth searching too like https://flyawaysimulation.com/ and https://www.simviation.com flightsim.com was another good place to find liveries but the site is currently under reconstruction, and it will likely be a while before it's opened back up to the public again.
-
PMDG MD-11 not working any more
I think it is unlikely, unless that you can prove that you purchased the original disk version brand new (not from a reseller like Ebay) and still have the old receipt you can show them. If that is the case, you might have a chance of them helping you, otherwise you will probably be out of luck unfortunately.
- Need FSUIPC4 4.957b for Windows XP SP3 / FSX / PFC Cirrus II
-
Nemeth Designs S-76A repaints
It is a shame that it seems most of their helicopters don't seem to come with paint kits for creators like you. I have no art skills myself, so I have to rely on people that know how to make liveries and are willing to share them. I did notice on their site that there's a paint kit that can be downloaded for the Bell 407, but I don't see any for their other helicopters. I do own their AS350, but there's no paint kit in the installation files that I can see for it either. Maybe you should try sending them an email asking if there is any way they can help you. It can't hurt to try anyway. I emailed them about a year ago to ask them some questions about their FSX/P3D products and they did respond and answer them so at least they still respond which is kind of rare for developers of old products these days.
-
Nemeth Designs S-76A repaints
I am interested in buying this model myself, as well as some of their other payware models for FSX/P3D (I was checking out their website last night). I did some searching for Sikorsky S-76 repaints for the payware model and I came up totally empty I'm afraid. I did notice that there's a good number of liveries for the freeware FS9 version of the Nemeth Designs/Eaglerotorcraft S-76 helicopter in the AVSIM library, but I don't know if they will work with the newer payware model or not. It's likely that Nemeth Designs probably made changes to improve the quality of the original FS9 model. If that is the case, then those repaints probably won't work.
-
Steam sale on MSFS (2020 and 2024) as well as FSX:SE
You're right, it is. I will have to say I'm jealous though that you have the 5800X3D, I want that chip so bad, but I can't afford it rn. I think that since most flight simulators are CPU heavy, upgrading from a Ryzen 5800X to the Ryzen 5800X3D would give me much better performance in flight sims. As for MSFS 2024, I'm honestly just not interested in trying it yet. I may try it in the future, but for now, I'm happy enough with all of the simulators I already use.
-
A2A planes simconnect not working
I understand your frustration, but the truth is that A2A is finished with updating its old FSX aircraft and they will not do anything to fix a problem only caused by the old box version of FSX at this point. Most people that still use FSX use the Steam version now days. In fact, it's not even possible to activate the box version of FSX anymore because Microsoft shut the old activation servers down so if you ever need to reinstall it again, you're out of luck. The Steam version is not a "different" flight simulator, it is basically the same as the box version (with SP2 + Acceleration) except with a lot of bug fixes as well as some performance related improvements. It also doesn't need to be activated when you install it. If you want to keep using FSX in the future with Windows 11, getting the Steam version is a very good idea. It will fix a lot of headaches for you.
-
The 'controller type' mapping is not saving
I think you misunderstand how the control menu works, which is understandable since the FSX UI is such an old design and is a bit strange at first. That drop down menu is just a list of all control devices that FSX sees. It does not matter which one is selected because that menu is just for selecting the control device that you currently want to map buttons, keys, axis's and adjust the sensitivity to. FSX will use all of the control devices that it sees at the same time so you can use as many control devices as you want. One thing you should also know is that FSX will automatically sets default button, key and axis mapping for every control device, and it's always the same for every device so you need to ensure there's no control mapping conflicts between all of them. What I do when I first install FSX and I need to configure all of my devices; I go through each and every device, delete all of the default mapping, and manually configure them one by one the way that I want. You can ignore Mouse Yoke and Mouse Look unless you want to change how it works, those two are default mapping for using the mouse. Edit: I should also mention, if you ever want a more advanced way of mapping control devices, you should consider using an add-on program called FSUIPC4: simMarket: FSUIPC4 This is what I use because it allows me to configure the controls in ways that are not possible using the FSX controls menu.
-
Steam sale on MSFS (2020 and 2024) as well as FSX:SE
The only one I don't own yet is MSFS 2024, but I'm not ready to jump into that one yet. Right now, I'm happy enough with MSFS 2020, plus I have X-Plane as well. Then there's always good old FSX too for some classic retro simming 🙂
-
Taxi2gate KMCO Airport for FSX?
Many developers that made products for FSX no longer respond to emails about their legacy products, and you're right, it is disappointing. However, you should always try to email them if you need to, because in my experience, developers can sometimes surprise you and they actually do respond. It can't hurt to try. Also, I recommend you be patient, because there's also some developers that may not respond right away, but you may suddenly find a response from them in your email two weeks later (or even longer). I've had that happen too.
-
PMDG MD-11 not working any more
The reason it no longer works is because PMDG stopped supporting their PMDG Operations Center 2 app a few months ago. PMDG did update all of their other FSX (and P3D) aircraft installers to work without it, but you have to own the digital versions of the planes (from either the PMDG website or Aerosoft's site) to be able to download the updated and patched versions of the aircraft. Also, I should mention that you will no longer have access to any official liveries for any of their aircraft because of this, so I strongly recommend that you backup all of the official liveries for the aircraft that you do already have installed if you want to keep them.
-
Taxi2gate KMCO Airport for FSX?
Simmarket has been slowly and quietly removing old legacy products for FS9, FSX and old P3D versions. That is why some products you used to remember seeing there are now gone. You can tell this because when you do a web search for products like this, you will see the old Simmarket links appear in search results, but when you click on the links, you'll see they're broken because it's been removed. It is very disappointing because I still like to buy payware for my older flight sims, especially for FSX.
-
FSX Steam using DX10 windows 11 (black screen)
Is this your entire [Main] section? If so, then I think you may have a corrupt fsx.cfg file because there should be more flags than that. Mine says this: [Main] User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc ProcSpeed=9343 PerfBucket=7 HideMenuNormal=0 HideMenuFullscreen=1 Maximized=1 Location=760,331,1800,1109,\\.\DISPLAY1 FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20 Also, when you load a flight in FSX, you should be able to press Alt + Enter to switch from fullscreen mode to windowed mode. Another thing I would suggest is that you make sure that Windows is fully updated and that you check to make sure that you have the latest version of your GPU driver installed.
-
Get 29% off to Celebrate PMDG's Birthday!
There are still some developers, but not many these days. I know a good number of developers and simmers moved on to MSFS 2020 & 2024 but I do not care for those sims myself for reasons I don't wish to get into. That being said, there's still a good number of people that still use legacy flight sims for various reasons. For me personally, I use X-Plane 11 & 12 as well as FSX: Steam, P3Dv4 & P3Dv5. I have room for all of them on my system and I enjoy all of them for different reasons. I know I'm not the only one that still uses them. I have online friends and people on forums that I talk with all the time that still use FSX or some version of P3D.
-
FSX Steam using DX10 windows 11 (black screen)
It should run just fine in the normal DX9 mode. I was just running it in DX9 mode the other day and it worked without problems. It sounds to me like you have something else causing the problem. First, you should try clearing the graphics cache. You can do this by going to: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX Then delete all of the Shader folders you see. There should be one just named Shaders, and another named Shaders10, delete them both. Then you should try running FSX and see what happens. If you still are having the problem, you should verify the game files. To do that, go to FSX: Steam in your library and click on the gear wheel in the upper right of the page. Then select Properties and click on the tab called Installed Files. Then click on "Verify integrity of game files". Steam will then scan FSX's files and replace any corrupt or missing files. Then try running FSX again and see if that fixes it. Note: Verifying the game files can affect some add-on scenery, for example: Orbx Base, Orbx openLC, GEX & UTX by Flight1, etc. This means you will need to repair or reinstall those sceneries to get them working again.
-
Windows 10 sound in FSX
2 is the most common setting used for normal length runways that a Boeing 777 uses, but you can always try 1 and see how it goes if you think 2 is too much. It all depends on runway length. For longer runways you can use an autobrake setting of 1 or 2, and for shorter runways you should use 3 or 4 depending on how short. I don't know of any tweaks to adjust this other than trying different autobrake settings.
-
Get 29% off to Celebrate PMDG's Birthday!
I don't wish to get into a debate with you, but there's still plenty of people that use legacy flight simulators for many different reasons. I personally like to use both new and old flight simulators. It is impossible that any FSX or P3D products were sold at all this year. PMDG pulled their FSX products back in 2021 and they pulled their P3D products in 2024, so that is why no copies are being sold, though they still supported OC2 for both FSX & P3D aircraft until a few months ago. There was no notice period, at least for the P3D aircraft and the discontinuation of OC2 which was a few months ago. I am unsure if there was any notice for the FSX products when they were removed from sale. There was no notice or announcement at all from them about retiring their P3D fleet of aircraft. I already had the FSX products I wanted so I wasn't paying attention to that. There was still P3D products I had planned to buy for P3Dv5, and I am not the only one. Granted, I found out later that they did announce the retirement of OC2 on their own official PMDG forum ahead of time, but they did not announce it anywhere else. No email announcements, no announcements on popular forums or anywhere else. Since most FSX and P3D users don't regularly check the official PMDG forum, the retirement of OC2 was a big surprise for many. I refuse to buy the aircraft again and give them my money for MSFS 2020 or 2024.
-
Get 29% off to Celebrate PMDG's Birthday!
I will never buy another PMDG aircraft again, I don't care how cheap it is. Not after the way the removed their P3D products from sale, and then they stopped supporting the PMDG Operations Center app so I can no longer use it to download official liveries for all of my aircraft I own for FSX and P3D.
-
Windows 10 sound in FSX
There's nothing wrong with still using FSX. Different people look for different things in a flight simulator, everyone has their own tastes. I've used many different flight simulators, but FSX (Steam version) is one that I always keep coming back to. I enjoy both using modern sims and legacy sims depending on my mood. I originally bought the box version of FSX way back in 2007 🙂 The thing with modern sims, both MSFS 2020 & 2024 as well as X-Plane 11 & 12, are designed to use the virtual cockpit for everything. In a way, it does add more immersion, but I also sometimes like being able to use 2D panels when I'm using FSX or P3D depending on the particular aircraft I want to fly.
-
Windows 10 sound in FSX
No problem. I also want to share another link with you that you will find very helpful that I recommend you read when you have time. This is a good old article which was written by PMDG that explains VAS in detail: VAS management - stopping out of memory (OOM) errors Since FSX is a 32 Bit program, understanding VAS and how to manage it will help you to have a much better experience with FSX. This is especially true if you like to use complex, high fidelity scenery like me.