August 24Aug 24 I see a Steam sale for MSFS2020, MSFS2024 and FSX SE.MSFS2024: 30% off ($48.99)MSFS2020: 65% off ($20.99)FSX:SE 80% off ($4.99)Good time to grab one or all if you do not have them. Edited August 24Aug 24 by SKEWR "I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma
August 25Aug 25 The only one I don't own yet is MSFS 2024, but I'm not ready to jump into that one yet. Right now, I'm happy enough with MSFS 2020, plus I have X-Plane as well. Then there's always good old FSX too for some classic retro simming 🙂 Edited August 25Aug 25 by Zylx Specs: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon, Ryzen 5800X CPU, 32 GB (3600Mhz) Corsair RAM, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT GPUFavorite Sims: FSX:SE, P3Dv5.4, MSFS 2020, X-Plane 11 & 12
August 25Aug 25 The discounts on MSFS 2020 and 2024 are at the Microsoft Storewhich is probably why Steam have them too.Here is why.It is indeed a good time to buy. Edited August 25Aug 25 by Reader
August 27Aug 27 On 8/25/2026 at 11:35 AM, Zylx said:The only one I don't own yet is MSFS 2024, but I'm not ready to jump into that one yet.I remember having bought FSX-SE when it was released (Dec/2014) for $5. But I didn't use it seriously until 5 years later. It could be an option, if you wish. Edited August 27Aug 27 by Luis Hernandez Best regards,Luis Hernández Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX 5060Ti 16GB, 256 GB M.2 SATA SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz (G-sync compatible), Windows 11. Running P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 scenery objects as an additional library, just in case), FSX-SE, MSFS2020, MSFS2024 and even FS9! Lossless Scaling for all my sims but 2024, which uses the in-sim one.Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there at 60 locked FPS.VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/mobile.
August 28Aug 28 On 8/25/2026 at 7:35 AM, Zylx said:Specs: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon, Ryzen 5800X CPU, 32 GB (3600Mhz) Corsair RAM, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT GPUFavorite Sims: FSX:SE, P3Dv5.4, MSFS 2020, X-Plane 11 & 12Just saying that system is plenty good enough for msfs2024. 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.
September 1Sep 1 On 8/28/2026 at 11:20 AM, Fielder said:Just saying that system is plenty good enough for msfs2024.You're right, it is. I will have to say I'm jealous though that you have the 5800X3D, I want that chip so bad, but I can't afford it rn. I think that since most flight simulators are CPU heavy, upgrading from a Ryzen 5800X to the Ryzen 5800X3D would give me much better performance in flight sims. As for MSFS 2024, I'm honestly just not interested in trying it yet. I may try it in the future, but for now, I'm happy enough with all of the simulators I already use. Edited September 1Sep 1 by Zylx Specs: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon, Ryzen 5800X CPU, 32 GB (3600Mhz) Corsair RAM, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT GPUFavorite Sims: FSX:SE, P3Dv5.4, MSFS 2020, X-Plane 11 & 12
September 2Sep 2 5800X3D is expensive, you're right. It is $369 on Amazon (Amazon is the seller, there is no middleman). Demand is high, they sell 3 thousand every month. I paid $299 from Amazon in August 2023 (three years ago). My PSU is only 600 watts, never overheats.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VCJ2SHD 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.
Create an account or sign in to comment