Hallo,Tryed several combinations, but didn't succeed finding a command to SET the COM 2 frequency.Any idea?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jan,Use K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_INCREASE ""_WHOLE_DECRASE ""_FRACT_INCREASE and ""_FRACT_DECREASEDavid

David,Thanks, i 've got yours.What i mean is this one, but for the COM2 (Com_Stby_etc. or Select_2 doesn't work(?)):129.30 100 * 10000 % int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16 * + 16 * + 16 * + (>K:COM_RADIO_SET) Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi,FAQ 19 would that be helpful ?BrgdsEugen

Eugen,I can SET the COM and Standby COM frequency's, but cannot find a code for setting COM2.Swapping between active and standby in COM1 and 2 is not the problem.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Sound like the old "missing events" bug that affects certain audiopanel functions. Download WHM-kevents.gau and use the named events to cure this problem.Maybe you already have that gauge installed. If so, check existing downloaded xml-gauges on how these events are used.

Karl,I have the the WHM and checked a lot, but saw nowhere a code for COM 2 SET.Personally i think it isn't possible, but you never know.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

I've checked my code (had to download to my workplace, please don't tell my boss :)), and found these events for the comside:(*Com monitor both*)(>K:TOGGLE_ENGINE3_FAILURE)(*Com1 transmit*)(>K:THROTTLE3_FULL)(*Com2 transmit*)(>K:THROTTLE4_FULL)So they seem to be WHM relevant codes.

Thanks for the risks you took, but i had them already in the audiopanel from Frather Bill.They are Airspeed or Mach dependant and only work in a aircraft without speedcontrol.Well, work calls.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

>Thanks for the risks you took, but i had them already in the>audiopanel from Frather Bill.>They are Airspeed or Mach dependant and only work in a>aircraft without speedcontrol.>Well, work calls.Jan, the only restrictions on those k_event substitutes is that they won't work in a/c with more than 2 engines, for obvious reasons.I've used them without trouble in light bizjets with autothrottle......also posting from work... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

OKStill i cannot compose a code to SET COM2.This is what i try to accomplish in the FMC:After station-passage all radios are automatticaly SET to the next, wanted frequencies, NAV1 and 2, ADF and COM1.The only one looking for is .......(>K:COM2_SET) or something.I tried the "full throttles" etc. with no succes.I fear that it is after all not possible, but will not give up for the time being.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

I'm beginning to understand where you're going with this. So it IS the frequency you want to set after all? On my radios I wanted to use 121.5 FRQ-SET when they were turned "off". Active frequency went into memory storage and pops in again when turned back "on".Yes, I've had problems making this work for the com2 unit. In the end, I had to settle for a inc/swap combo and hope there wasn't any traffic on that frequency :However, before I learned how to set transponder code directly, I settled for 8 inc's to simulate 1 dec (never could get dec's to work). If anything else is a no-go, maybe you can calculate how many incs is required to get to the wanted frequency, and make a looping code to do it.In principle, like:Swap active/standby.How many needed, set counter1: increase frq, increase counterif counter not reached, goto 1New frequency is ok.Swap active/standby.Although I've never used the goto commands before, don't know how well they work.

Karl,In the end i understand that it is quite complicated to achieve my goal, but i have a free weekend, the forecast is bad, so there will be plenty time to try and test.Btw. do you think that all those complicated code's, sun-elevation, engine-failures, great-circle calculations etc. have a big impact on framerates?And what is the best to do concerning fps:1. try to put as many gauges as possible in a big one eg. all overheadpanel elements in one "overhead.xml"(my way).2. or seperate them and make individual gauges?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Maybe not a direct hit on framerates, but until I put "limiters" into the code, the ground textures, particularly at destination, became extremely blurry and the mesh was rarely updated with correct curvatures.I've put most of this advanced stuff within a single (few) gauge, which is limited by several functions instead of update frequency. Which method is better I don't know. I usually divide things into common tasks; "ground only", "air only", "all frequent", and "all rarely".I also try to terminate if appropriate as soon as possible. I.e., for the "ground only" function, this can (in principle) be something like:(A:sim on ground,bool) ! if{ quit } els{ within limited timewindow ! if{ quit } els{ failure codeslave codesun elev codesmoke codetimers codeetc etc} (*time*) } (*ground*) So if the code isn't really needed, it doesn't spend "a lot" of effort trying to figure out whether or not to execute. NB, within the inner els{ } embedded quit commands must be avoided (obviously, to allow all following code to be executed).The obvious bad thing about this system, is that within the allowed timewindow, the code is executed continously. I'm going to remake mine so that it is only done once if the needed time has passed.I.e. the sunangle code doesn't need, and is simply too advanced, to be run all the time, once every minute or less should be adequate to give the needed results.

Karl,Thanks for the comments.Btw. the weather wasn't to bad to spent one hour T&G at EHGG.Good weekend.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Fabio,Piper Archer III, Cherokee VI and Cessna 152/172.Aerobatics on the Fuji; Did also one hour Texan in Kissimmee (museum!)Sometimes twin on Piper Chieftain, Seneca and Seminole.Logged also one hour nightflying on the 747-200 with a captain/flyingclub member; KATL-EHAM, FL350 with the Aurora Borealis on the port-side.(NB, just checked my logbook because of today's afternoon flying)In my 767-300 now enroute LFPG-KLAX to test my FMC.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hey Jan.Great stuff man! I bet the Texan flight was incredible. I love the roar of that radial!I too have some time in the Seminole. Funny little aircraft, good to learn multiengine flying.Most of my hours are in my Dad's Long EZ, which unfortunatelly is in Brasil, while I am here in the US. But before I came I managed to save enough money to travel around Brasil, and acquire about 150 hours on it. Great little craft, very capable (flies faster than a C172 on a 115hp engine).Oh, and that 742 flight must have been fantastic, huh?How is the FMS coming along?

Fabio,About the FMS/CDU i can say, it is an enormous lot of work!With the help and advices of the people here in the forum the following is now possible:1. Artwork no problemo, just a pic of a Boeing CDU and futher i use only and an enormous lot of .2. There are now 30 "screens", but for good function i need a whole lot less, the rest is only eye-candy.3. i have tested 3 flightplans and they work ok in conjunction with the LNAV and VNAV switches on the MCP (reprogramming autopilot is tough too).4. So flying from A to B with SID, Waypoints, STAR and Approach works 90% now, setting the radios automatically, while speed and altitude are controlled by weight, fuel-burn, ground elevation, weather, sunelevation etc..5. The obvious setback is the fact, that you have to calculate everything in the flightplan yourself because writing/typing in the "Scratchpad" in xml is not possible. I use MS Excel to calculate the coordinates.So the goal is to make it working 100% and then make a lot of flightplans to load in the FMC.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Very cool stuff, Jan.Where are you getting the database from for the SIDs and STARs?And by calculate yourself, do you mean distance and bearing between waypoints? And why isn't that possible in XML? Excuse my ignorance.

Fabio,I have some "plates" from my flying club and the ones published in the Dutch AIP.Am not so interested in the real live stuff; make them myself.It is not my goal to make a database of all those SID's etc.I only use the coordinates of Airways, Ints, NDB's and VOR's to calculate the Waypoints with MS Excel before putting them in the "flightplan".The FP is in xml, which can be loaded in the FMS.Radio's,Distances and Bearings, AP Heading Bug, Flightlevel/altitude and Speed/Mach in the FP are set automatically thanks to the great circle calculations (see other discussions in the forum).So it is possible now to "Press the buttons after TO and disconnect before touchdown (Cat I)" from, to and via any point on Earth.But still a lot of work to do.Jan"Procul Negotiis"