Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Advanced xml-initialization gauge causing problems (to Arne?)

HiI've now aquired UltraEdit to write my xml-code, and have begun some optimizing and code readability updating since the "find matching bracket" feature was extremely useful. The code in this gauge has been "rearranged" so that brackets are placed in logical matching places, different code separated onto different lines, but also "following the rules" (space requirements). Improves readability by A LOT on complex nesting.When the attached gauge is placed on the panel, it works fine. However, there is more initialization that I wanted to include, and this is where the "fun" begins. I have bughunted this gauge (and others, just in case it was an "external" problem) for two days until I found what I guess can be the problem. I'm not able to spot any "obvious" mistakes, but I _could_ be wrong of course.Can anyone try the following experiment: Attach the gauge to a prop twin aircraft. Attach your personal "reload panels" gauge also, but add a line doing "0 (>L:WeightSet,bool)" before the panel is reloaded. Monitor (L:WeightSet,bool) with a string to verify that the gauge is actually working (should yield 1). You can also monitor the "(L:Sptimer1,seconds)" parameter if you want (which will later indicate that the code is executed continously when it fails, instead of only once).Reload the panel a couple of times to verify that WeightSet remains 1.Now, open the gauge and rewrite my first WHAT comment in the beginning so that it contains ONE extra character, such as WHAATReload - now Weightset is suddenly 0 and nothing is executed properly.Moving "0 (>L:WeightSet,bool)" outside the end bracket doesn't help anything, but moving it before in front of the last commented code will make it alive. Activating the last commented code will also cause the gauge to fail.So, to finalize this post:1) Is there a limit on the number or size of comments within the same tag?2) Is there a limit on how many if statements one can have within the same tag?3) If none of these, where the heck is my bug?!? Note that I usually try to figure out my own bugs, but this one was too "weird" to have any logics supporting it - ehhmm - that I know of.Any suggestions?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, break the code in easier managable bits.Arne Bartels

Question #2 --- I have found that 256 characters are the max (including open/close tags, spaces )... For FS this may be so and for other uses of xml it may not be. Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug