Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Numeric values on panels / easier design?

Hi - I asked this in the general forum but probably should have asked here...Is there a way to show trim, for example, as a numeric value on the panel >all the time< (not just when moused over) ? I'd like to be able to do this for other gauges and switches as well.I thought I saw this on a glass panel somewhere.Also, I'm wondering how the heck anyone can lay out a panel in the MSFS utility - I can't tell what any of the 10,000 gauges and so forth at the bottom do. Not very intuitive - maybe I'm missing something...Is there a panel layout method or program that will let a novice (like me!) create a panel with a minimum of coding? (I will do a little if necessary..)For example, let's say I'd like to add glass panel elements to the existing Baron, or recreate a Lancair panel or something.I don't know what would happen if I just dropped all the Lear panel stuff into the Baron folder... Wouldn't totally make sense to do something like this anyway, as the aircraft systems wouldn't match...Thanks!Andrew

Guest ba747heavy

>Hi - >>I asked this in the general forum but probably should have>asked here...>>Is there a way to show trim, for example, as a numeric value>on the panel >all the time< (not just when moused over) ? I'd>like to be able to do this for other gauges and switches as>well.You would probably have to make your own gauge.>Also, I'm wondering how the heck anyone can lay out a panel in>the MSFS utility - I can't tell what any of the 10,000 gauges>and so forth at the bottom do. Not very intuitive - maybe I'm>missing something...Yes, I do it all by hand. I know what gauges I want and where. :)>Is there a panel layout method or program that will let a>novice (like me!) create a panel with a minimum of coding? (I>will do a little if necessary..)Search for CFG Edit, I think that is what you are after. That, and EZ Gauge(or something like that)